Chapter 11

------- TW Warning ----- 

A/N: So this chapter takes the turn for the worst; there is a flashback that some readers may find triggering. I will indicate (--) where the possible trigger starts and ends. I hope you enjoy the chapter nonetheless. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two boys arrived at their dorm; Sage was mumbling, not making much sense. Riven and Sky shared a look and decided that the best course of action would be to set her on a bed, possibly with a blanket over her, if they could find one. Once Sage was situated on the bed, the two boys sat on either side of her, Riven running his hand through her hair in soothing motions, while Sky wrapped an arm around her waist and whispered soothing words, telling her that all would be okay in the end. 

--

Sage stayed in her state of shock for a while; all she could think about was the dead body. It brought back horrific memories of when she didn't have control over her own and ended up killing someone. It was just before Farrah found her and Bloom. She was at the beach, in the ocean, having a good time reconnecting herself with the water, when someone grabbed her from behind, she panicked, turned around and asked the much larger man what he was doing. He didn't reply, only grabbed her and tried to pull the strings on her bathing suit. She looked around, but there was no one to help, so she panicked further. 

Finally, using her martial arts training, Sage could get the man off of her. But in her panic, her heart raced, the fight or flight system kicked in high gear. The man ended up under the water, and she didn't realise it, but her powers kept him under until he stopped breathing. Sage could never forget his eyes as they lost life or his panicked thoughts just disappearing. Never, she could forget, no matter how much she tried to.  

--

That's all she could think of. No matter how many wonderful soothing words Sky or Riven whispered to her, she couldn't stop thinking about that man. It took an hour of staring and not reacting before Sky, and Riven got any sort of reaction from Sage. She sobbed. Sage broke down and started to sob hysterically. "Hey-hey-hey, what's wrong? What can we do?" asked Riven. "It's going to be okay; tell us what you're thinking about. What can we do to help?" Sky followed up.  

Sage, through her sobbing, managed to say, "I killed a man a year ago..."