Chapter 19

Sage managed to get through ten chapters before the boys returned to their dorm. It wasn't that they took that long to get back; instead, Sage was quick and able to read in peace, which was a luxury for her. 

True to their word, her two soulmates were back forty minutes later, a tray of food held by each boy. Sage raised her eyebrow at the trays of food in question. The two boys glanced at each other before giving her a sheepish look, "we didn't know what you liked, so we kind of grabbed everything we thought looked good, hoping you might like one thing we brought back," explained Sky, eyes darting between his soulmate and his best friend, who was nodding along to what Sky was saying. 

Looking between the boys, then down at her book, she closed her book before looking up and smiling at the boys, "thank you," said Sage in a soft voice. Getting up from the spot on the floor where she had been reading, she went over to the two boys who had moved to the little sofa corner with a coffee table and were placing the trays of food down. 

Looking over the selection of food and then at her soulmates, she raised an eyebrow again, but this time, she asked, "Aren't you guys gonna take some?" The two boys looked like deer caught in headlights. 

Quickly looking at each other, Riven responded, "Well, we were waiting for you to pick something first." Sage smiled softly at that revelation, looking between the boys and then down, 'oh, how lucky I am' she thought to herself. 

"Okay," she responded softly before choosing the bowl of what looked like penne with tomato sauce. The two boys beamed at her choice and proceeded to pick out a dish for themselves before settling on the sofa, leaving space for Sage to sit between them. 

Sage giggled a little at how subtle the boys were trying, yet failing, to be before settling herself in between the two. Huddling her knees together close to her body, she cradled the pasta bowl and started eating; after taking the first bite, she realised how hungry she was. Thoroughly enjoying the pasta, she didn't notice herself slowly shifting her back towards Sky's shoulder and her legs in Rivens' direction. After a bit of time passed, the boys quickly grew fed up with how close, yet far, Sage was to them. 

Taking matters into their own hands, when she finished her bowl of pasta, Riven took the plates from both Sky and Sage's hands before placing them back on the coffee table. Looking over his shoulder, he asked, "Anyone want chocolate?" 

Sage nodded. She loved chocolate. Picking up the small bowl of chocolate, Riven made his way back over to the pair before promptly sitting down. He handed the bowl to Sage before picking up her legs and putting them across his lap. Having anticipated the stunt that Riven pulled, Sky had turned himself into the corner of the sofa, which meant that Sage fell slightly back onto the front of his shoulder as his arm was placed on the back of the sofa. 

Sage let out a little squeak as she slightly fell backwards unexpectantly, looking between Sky and Riven, noticing the smug look on their faces; her face turning a little red. 

"You good there, darling," asked Riven, his smirk growing at the redder her face got. Sage hummed and nodded vigorously, hoping her face would cool down. 

"I hope you're comfortable there, love; it doesn't look like we're moving anytime soon," added Sky looking down at her petite frame that was situated under his arm. 

Instead of fusing about her current predicament -- mainly because she relished in the contentment of being so close to her soulmates, especially after the traumatic day she had -- Sage instead chose to snuggle deeper into Sky's side, chocolate in hand and began contentedly eating her chocolate while passing pieces to her two soulmates every so often. 

'This is nice,' she thought. 'I finally feel complete.' 

---------------------- 

Hello! 

I realise I've been MIA for a bit; been stupidly busy. This chapter is a bit more of a fluffy filler chapter rather than a heavy plot-based one. 

Let me know if you want more plot-heavy chapters or fluf filled ones! I already have plans for the next chapter, which will have a bit more plot. 

Thank you for reading, and remember to vote and comment on what you'd like to see! 

Hannah