Chapter 17

Sage's eyes slowly fluttered open. Sitting up on the side of the bed, she rubbed her face in an attempt to wake herself up more. She felt confused and groggy, unsure of where she was. Looking around the room, she tried to make sense of where she was. 'this isn't my room,' she noted to herself, noticing the two beds. Eyes scanning the room, she noticed swords, practice batons, and a couple of daggers lying around the place. Before Sage really had the time to process where she was, the front door (or rather what she assumed to be the front door) swung open. 

Riven and Sky walked in, chatting about the next steps. While they were chatting, Sky happened to look over at his bed; noticing that Sage was awake, he hit Riven's arm to stop him from talking. 

"What was that for!?" 

Ignoring Riven's protest, Sky walked slowly over to Sage, afraid to startle the girl anymore, given the state that she was in the last they'd seen her. When he reached the beds, he sat on Riven's, opposite Sage, not wanting to invade her personal space without her permission. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Sky asked in a soft voice, noticing how confused she was. At that point, Riven sat next to Sky, chiming in with worry written across his face. "Yea, can we do anything?" 

Sage didn't say anything, her thoughts going a mile a minute, trying to remember what had happened. Then, putting her head in her hands, looking at the ground, she tried to regain and reorder her thoughts. Riven and Sky shared a look after a moment of silence. Finally, riven got off the bed and crouched in front of Sage, "Darling? You okay? Look at me, please. We need to see those beautiful eyes of yours." 

At that, Sage looked up, bluey-green eyes meeting Riven's. "There she is," Riven said, a smile going across his face but worry still prevalent. 

"Do you want some water?" asked Sky. 

Sage nodded slowly. Sky practically jumped up, excited by the prospect of caring for his soulmate. He went to the minifridge towards the front of the room and grabbed a bottle of water before practically running back over to where Sage and Riven were. "Here," he said before slowly placing the unscrewed bottle into her hand. Sage took a sip, then started to chug the water, suddenly realising how thirsty she was, "whoa, slow down there, love, you might throw up with how fast you're drinking," said Sky whilst putting his hand on top of Sage's that held the bottle, slowly bringing it down, taking it off of her and putting it on to the bedside table. 

Sage just watched, not really feeling like speaking. Instead, she decided to lie back down on the marshmallow-like bed and pillows. Standing up from where he was crouched, Riven pulled the duvet across Sage, ensuring she was warm enough. Then, he motioned to Sky to move over to the living area. As the two boys made a move to leave, Sage moved her arm out to grab whoever was closest -- which happened to be Riven -- "stay," she whispered. The two boys nodded before sitting down on the bed next to Sage.  

----- 

Hi!! So, I decided to write this kinda cute little moment between the boys and Sage, I hope it doesn't seem too rushed, given that their soulmates, and I feel like there's a cosmic reason as to why they're close to each other. 

I hope you liked it, and remember, don't be a silent reader! 

Hannah