Chapter 16

Previously: Thanks for the help guys, but we should start heading over to Silva, see what's going on with the body and all -- see what he'll tell us."

-----

When Riven and Sky approach Silva's office, they hear talking. Riven, putting his arm across Sky to stop him from knocking, gave Sky a look as if to say, wait a sec. They could vaguely make out what was being said behind the office door. 

"...char residue..."      "...sixteen years since the last sighting...."    "...impossible..."    "...burned ones..." at that, Sky and Riven exchanged a look of shock and disbelief.  

"We should knock," whispered Sky, "we need to get back to Sage, not to mention we don't need to be caught listening in on the conversation behind closed doors."

Riven nodded, moving his arm out of Sky's way. 

Knock, Knock, Knock. 

The muffled voices stopped at the first knock. The door was opened by Silva. He looked at the two boys and motioned them inwards. 

When Sky and Riven entered, they saw Headmistress Dowling and Professor Harvey sitting down at the round table in the middle of the office. "Sit, boys," said Silva, motioning towards the empty chairs. 

"Silva told us that Sage was the first to find the body; how is she?" asked Dowling. 

Riven and Sky exchanged a look before Riven chimed in sarcastically, "well, she's doing great, like anyone would after finding a dead body. How do you think she's doing?" 

"What Riven means is that she's a bit shaken up. She passed out not long after we brought her to our dorm, as Silva asked us to." corrects Sky, albeit he was feeling equally as bitter as Riven. 

Silva nodded, worry evident on his face. "Right, well, you boys best be getting back to her then; when she wakes up, let her know she can come to any of us for advice or help if needed." 

With that, Sky and Riven got up and left, making their way back to the dorms, where their girl slept.