Chapter 10

Recap: Sage slowly backed away from the dead body, whose eyes were wide open with burn marks all over. She was in shock, hand over mouth, trembling on the spot, shocked. She didn't know what to do. Tears started to stream down her face. She kept repeating to herself, "what do I do, what do I do."
———————————————

The two boys slowed down, hearing the quick breathing and sniffling behind a tree. There they saw Sage, hunched over, back to the tree, trembling with a hand over her mouth. The two boys shared a glance before rushing over to her. 

"What's wrong?" 

"What happened?" 

"Are you hurt?" 

"How can we help?" 

The two boys continued to fuss over Sage, wiping away her tears, soothing her as her sobs ceased. Finally, with a more calmed down Sage, Riven asked in a soft tone, "What happened?"

She looked up at them through her eyelashes and pointed in the direction of the body, still unable to speak. Riven and Sky looked over in the direction that Sage pointed to, "Holy shit!" Riven exclaimed. "We need to get out of here and get Silva or a different teacher, like right now!" Sky said in a hurry to help Sage into a standing position. 

Sage, on the other hand, was still in too much shock to do anything; she couldn't hold herself up, she couldn't talk, and she definitely couldn't walk on her own. Sky, realising this, picked her up bridal style and proceeded to walk back to Alfea, with Riven walking alongside him, whispering comforting words to Sage to soothe her some more. 

Eventually, they found Silva, who ran over with concern across his face when seeing Sage's state. He couldn't explain it, but he felt a sense of responsibility for Sage, as though she was his daughter -- although that was impossible, seeing as how his daughter died 16 years ago. "What happened" he demanded. The two boys exchanged a look; they didn't want alert Sliva that they and Sage were soulmates just quite yet, especially given that Sage hadn't had the time to fully process what was happening. 

"We had a small argument with Sage. She walked off, beyond the barrier, to be on her own," started Riven. 

"But she didn't know she was crossing the barrier. We went after her, knowing that it isn't safe past it, and found her curled up in a ball, sobbing" continued Sky. 

"Then once we kind of calmed her down, we asked her what was wrong, and she pointed to a dead body behind a log; we came straight here after we realised," finished Riven. 

'Shit', thought Silva. "Bring Sage to your dorm, just until she calms down and starts to make sense of things, I'll check up on her once Farrah and I find the body." 

The two boys nodded; Riven picked up their girl and proceeded to walk in the direction of his and Sky's dorm room, with Sky walking alongside him. The both of them trying their best to comfort Sage. Silva watched them, thinking 'she really reminds me of someone.' 

------------------ 

Hi guys! sorry for the super slow updates, uni has been really busy. Also, can I just say THANK YOU for almost 10K, that is seriously insane to me! I really appreciate it and all of you guys!