Chapter 5

"Wh... It... "

The words were stuck in my throat. What did it mean? I had no fucking idea. 

"It meant a lot"

It wasn't a clear answer but it was one. Jensi gave me the are-you-serious look and I shrugged. Yes I was. I didn't know what it meant but it was important. Probably. Uh! Why was it so complicated? 

"Yeah. It meant a lot to me too."

There was an awkward silence. He was just looking at me and I avoided his glance. I wasn't ready to look at him after that revelation. He was as lost as I was. Except he was way better at hiding it. He looked so calm and at ease while I was fidgety and stressed. I couldn't stop moving my hands. Until he reached me and he took my hand in his palm. And I froze. Jensi was holding my fucking hand!!! And not in a good and happy way. In a what-the-fuck-is-happening-why-is-he-doing-that kinf of way. But I felt so happy. My heart was racing and my cheeks were warm like I was blushing. But then his mom broke the moment.

"Boys! Do you want a snack?"

As soon as I heard her, I withdrew my hand. I hold it against my chest like I was protecting something. And I was. I was preventing myself from loving Jensi even more, if it was possible.

"Nah, we're okay Mom. Thanks"

How was he doing that? How was he so calm? I mean, normally I would be admiring his selfcontrol but right now, it was fucking annoying. We kissed, then he held my hand and now he was like "We're fine". No! At least I wasn't. I was NOT FINE! Not at all. How could I be? I sighed.

"I should probably get going."

He jumped on his feet. He lost his calm face and I finally saw how anxious he was.

"Wait! What does this mean for us?"

It was my turn at being the calm one. I owed him that after everything. But I couldn't find something rassuring to say. So I shrugged and said;

"I guess we're screwed. But we'll be screwed together."