MDIA [Ch. 21]

My Dance Instructor's Assistant

Previously: "So you guys are gonna perform?" Sophia asked us, to which we nodded our heads. By the time we finished, the lights came back on and the crowd was in a frenzy of applause. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face as my heart bounded with excitement and exhaustion. "Are you gonna sleep in Jared's bed tonight?" Kristine asked out of the blue, catching my off guard. Wow, I had forgotten about Mr. Wilson's so called "Love Contagious" bed. But maybe it's just like luck, it'll only happen to you if you believe it. "Ugh Kristine, I don't believe in superstitions," I explain to her as I begin up the stairs. "What did you do tonight?" Mr. Wilson asked me curiously. "Just went to a dance club with some people from the dance team," I told him truthfully. "Goodnight...Jared," I mumbled before instantly falling into a deep sleep...thinking of Mr. Jared Wilson, and wondering what's in store for tomorrow...

Chapter 21

I woke up to the smell food. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty certain my stomach woke up before I did. I rolled over in the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. It seemed like this bed was made for me. I can literally stay in it all day. Hmm, maybe I should. As soon as that thought crossed my mind, my stomach growled, yelling for me to get my lazy self up and give it some food.

I sighed and obeyed. I pulled the covers from over me, exposing me to the sudden change in temperature. A shivered came over me as my feet hit the cool wooden floor. I went over to my bag and found a pair of socks to put on.

Then, I brush my teeth and wash my face. After that, I brush my hair free of tangles before leaving the bathroom. I then made my way to the door and toward the smell of food, letting my nose guide me.

When I finally made it downstairs and into the kitchen, I'm a little disappointed it wasn't Mr. Wilson cooking. For some odd reason, I was hoping he'd be cooking, shirtless...for me.

Wow, how random is that thought? Kristine places a bowl of fresh biscuits on the counter with the rest of the food. When I walk in, she looked up and surprisingly greeted me with a friendly smile.

"How was the love contagious bed?" she teased while making herself a plate of food. I walked deeper into the kitchen and proceeded to do the same.

"It didn't live up to its hype," I said to her, letting her know that her superstition about Mr. Wilson's, Jared's, bed is false. She just laughed in response and took a sit at the island counter. I sat in the stool next to her and began eating. Oh my goodness, this food is delicious.

I took a huge bite out of the biscuit, causing Kristine to laugh at me. I can't help it, I feel like I'm starving and this food is too good to eat in small portions. Just as I began chewing the biscuit down, Mr. Wilson walks in. He's already dressed and ready for the day. Geez, what time is it anyway?

"Good morning ladies," he greeted with a friendly smile as he began making his plate. He's wearing a blue t-shirt, that wasn't too tight, yet not too loose. If you look long enough, you could see the muscles from his arms flex with each movement, wanting me to reach out and touch them...damn it, there I go again with these thoughts.

I quickly try to chew down all the food in my mouth, but I was too late. He looked at me and did a double take before chuckling. "I assume from your chimp muck cheeks that the food is delicious," he stated with another chuckle before turning to his food.

"Mmhmm," I mumbled, well, that's all I can say at the moment. Hey, don't judge me! I may have lost the pounds but I'm still a chubby kid on the inside. Mr. Wilson and Kristine laugh at my lack of ability to talk due to the food I my mouth.

"So how was your date?" Kristine asked him, making me come back to reality. Mr. Wilson shrugs his shoulders.

"I've had better," he replied vaguely. He remained standing as he began eating his food. Well, someone doesn't like talking about their personal life.