My Dance Instructor's Assistant [Ch. 4]

Previously: . "I'll put up the list of people who made it to the auditions tomorrow morning, until then, have a great rest of the day," he finished. . "Looks like you could use an umbrella," I hear someone say behind me. I turn around to see Mr. Wilson with a red coat on and holding a duffel bag and an umbrella. "See you tomorrow Ms. Quinn," he said before walking off. I shut my door and drove off. The only thing on my mind is that d*mn list...and Mr. Wilson...

Chapter 4

The halls are silent. Not a soul in sight. I can feel the cold air against my exposed skin. Today, I'm wearing a plain black t-shirt with an open chest along with faded black skinny jeans. I had my hair in curls hiding my hooped ear rings.

I take a few steps forward pass the bulletin board planning to stop, only to continue walking past it. I turn around, walking the opposite way, only to continue walking passed it again. Ugh, I'm so pathetic. It is now lunch time and I still haven't built up the courage to look at that d*mn list. So yes, I guess you can just call me pathetic.

I look around, no one is in the hallway. They all must be in lunch or in class. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pull it out and saw it was a call from my bestfriend, she must be in lunch. See, our principal allows us to use our cell phones during lunch time, and lunch time only.

"Desiree? Where are you? Why aren't you in lunch?" her questions poured out like a glass of spilled milk.

"I'm in the hallway across from Mrs. Holt's class," I told her. She said she was on her way before we hung up and I put my phone back into my pocket.

I continued walking back and forth pass the bulletin board, my elbow propped up on my folded forearm as I placed my thumb nail between my two front teeth, diverting my eyes from the list. I hear Mrs. Holt's classroom door open slightly, but I ignore it and continue walking back and forth. "...so just choose whoever you feel should be on the team. Don't let anything or anyone cloud your decision," I hear Mrs. Holt talking to someone.

"Don't worry Aunt Claire, I'll be fair," I hear another person say before hearing the door shut close. I bypass all this as I continue pacing back and forth infront of the bulletin board. "Ms. Quinn? Aren't you suppose to be somewhere?" I look up and follow the voice talking to me, but I don't stop pacing.

"Yeah," I admitted simply. There was a pause. All you could hear were my white ballerina shoes smacking the ground with my every step.

"Mind telling me why you're not there?" Mr. Wilson asked me. I focus my attention to him again. He was now casually leaning against the opposite wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I'm waiting for Sophia," I answered simply again, still pacing. "Care to share?" he asked again.

"What is this? Twenty-one questions?" I muttered under my breath. I heard him chuckle.

"No. But I do have the authority to give you detention for skipping class," he assured me. That made me stop walking and look at him. Uh oh, I almost forgot he was a teacher here. I sighed in defeat and let my arms drop to the sides of my body.

"Sophia coming to look at the list for me," I admitted. Sadly, the cafeteria's on the other side of the school. Mr. Wilson seemed confused at my answer.

"You haven't looked at it yet? It's nearly the end of the day," he pointed out the obvious. No! I did not know that! I wanted to say that sarcastically out loud, but he IS a teacher after all.

"I'm just nervous, I guess," I confessed. This is my one and only chance to be on this team.

"Wow, your confidence level is extremely low huh?" he asked as if he was asking what the weather was like. I opened my mouth to say something back, until I see Sophia rushing towards me.