MDIA [Ch. 33]

Previously: A few chapters back, we all met Kristine, the middle Wilson sibling. She had walked in on Desiree and Jared lip-locking. She, of course, told Braddon (the youngest Wilson sibling) and he showed up to see-it-to-believe-it. Now, Jared's mom has caught wind of it, and wants to meet Desiree. For obvious reasons, they can't let that happen. So, now, there was a bad storm that put a delay on Desiree's quest to find a job. So instead, she decides to watch a movie. Jared wakes up and takes her upstairs so he can lay with her while she finishes the movie. And now...here they are...enjoy.

Chapter 33

For the second time this morning, I am awoken by a loud sound. The only difference is, it's not the thunder this time. In fact the storm was over. The only evidence of it was the streets and grass still being wet.

But no, this sound is quite weird. It sounds almost like a plastic bag being shuffled around. I move on the bed and lie on my back. I stretched my arms out, and found pillows and comforters the only thing keeping me company.

"Rise and shine," the voice I know so well greeted me. I opened one eye and peeked toward the noise.

Jared was standing by the bed, dangling a plastic bag in my face. He shook it again, creating the sound that had woken me to begin with. I groaned and rolled over.

"It's too early in the morning," I whined.

"It's eleven."

"Well, technically it's still morning."

"You have a lot to say for someone who's so sleepy," he taunted. I felt the bed dip, letting me know that he's now sitting beside me. He leaned over and gently grabbed my shoulder. He pulled and caused me to face me.

I opened both eyes this time. I noticed that he's fully dressed. He must've went somewhere.

"Where'd you go?"

"Breakfast with my family. Since the dinner last night was canceled," he answered as he removed his hand from my shoulder. I still felt the hot sensation of where his hand use to be.

I looked to the bag he sat on the nightstand. "I made you a plate. You should eat it now before it gets cold," he instructed. I was about to deny, but my mouth watered at the sound of food. I sat up, the covers falling from my chest as I did so.

Jared looked me over before returning his eyes back to my face. He grabbed the bag and took out the To-Go box. He handed it to me.

Inside was two pancakes, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, biscuits, slices of oranges, strawberries, and a small cup of yogurt. I looked up to him, surprised by all the food. Does he really expect me to eat all this?

"I didn't know what you liked, so I grabbed some of everything," he explained. I smiled kindly and began making my very own egg and bacon biscuit. As I'm breaking open the biscuit, Jared's eyes have yet to leave me.

I tried to ignore the fact that he's obviously staring. Just focus on your food. Just focus on your food. Just focus on your—

"Thank you," I said, finally looking up to him. Maybe a simple 'thank you' is what he's waiting on.

"It's my pleasure," was his response, but he continued to stare. I placed the top mix of the bisuit on the egg and bacon bottom half, ready to devour it, but his staring was suddenly too much.

"Is there a reason you're staring at me?" I asked, not being able to hide my agitation. He shook his head.

"Is it a crime if I want to look at you?" he answered my question with one of his own. He stretched him arm