MDIA [Ch. 36]

(I suggest you read the previous chapter to refresh your memory a little better)

Previously: David invited Desiree out to eat with the dance team. She agreed. David put his arm around Desiree and Jared saw, but didn't react. While leaving school, Desiree saw Lisa getting too touchy feely with Jared, and he wasn't doing much to stop her. They both head to Jared's house not moments after she sees their encounter.

Chapter 36

Neither one of us spoke as we entered his house. He went to the kitchen and I headed to the guest room. My phone chimed, signaling a text message. I tossed my bag on the bed and pulled my cell out of my pocket.

David: Chilli's in an hour. Do you want a ride?

I smiled at his kind gesture, but texted my decline. I then put my phone on the charger and went to the closet and looked through my wardrobe. Now, what to wear? I found a black, long sleeved, crochet sweater that had the shoulders exposed. I then paired it with dark blue skinny jeans. Grabbing some undergarments, I walked to the bathroom and got cleaned up.

I can smell the food that Jared is cooking, and it's tempting me to stay home and eat his free food rather than go pay for some. Fighting this urge, I continue my journey to the bathroom.

When I'm showered and dressed, I head back to the room to grab by phone and little purse. I pulled my hair into a high bun as I walk down the hall and to the kitchen. I peek in and see Jared still preparing a meal. His phone was sitting on the island counter and on speaker phone as he talked to someone. He faced the phone as he mixed something in the skillet he was holding.

Seeing him cooking, brought a slight smile on my face. He told me he wasn't much of a cooker, but I beg to differ. I think his cooking is amazing.

"Just talk to her, Jared. She's losing her mind. She's threatening to send me to a private school! Can you believe that? I'll have to wear collared shirts and plaid. You know how much I hate wearing collared shirts and plaid," Braddon's voice booms through the phone. I interest perked when I heard him. That two weeks that he was here was very entertaining...and informative. He's the one that told me about Jared's fast racecar life with he was a teen.

Jared laughed at his younger brother's expense. He turned from the phone and placed the skillet on the stove. He then opened the stove and took a look inside for only a few seconds before shutting it.

"This isn't a laughing matter. She's been leaving pamphlets all over the house for different private school in our area," Braddon informed his older brother, not at all happy about his laughter. Jared walked to the cabinet and pulled out a white place.

"What do you expect her to do when you refuse to listen to anyone but yourself?" Jared asked him. He placed the plate on the counter next to his phone and looked down at his phone. He swiped his finger against its screen as Braddon sighed.

"You should come talk to my principle and persuade him to cut me some slack. He says I'm on my last straw too," Braddon suggested.

"Principle McFerry?"

"Yep, he compares me to you all the time. I tell him he's setting himself up for disappointment," Braddon commented

Jared is quiet for a moment. Without warning, his eyes shoot up and catch mine. In an instant I'm frozen. I'm frozen from the intensity of his stare.

"I'll think about it," he tells Braddon before turning around and messing with the food in the skillet. I enter the kitchen. The smell is enough to make my mouth water. I lick my lips as I try to glance into the skillet, but his body is blocking my view. As I near the island, I hear Braddon begin to complain about some girl.