MDIA [Ch. 35]

Previously: Basically, Desiree met the loving mom of Jared. They lied to her about how they met and such. She knows they lied, but she's not digging deeper into it. "And I just hope that you relationship is worth this secret that you both are trying so hard to hide," she finished with a stern look to her eldest son. "Is it?" I asked. "Is it, what?" he asked. "Is it worth it? Us, doing this?" I questioned. He looked over my entire face, as if searching for the answer. When his eyes met mine again, he looked as sure as ever. He smiled, showing those dimples I noticed the very first day I saw him at my dance audition. "I believe so."

Chapter 35

"So he licked the entire pie!"

I giggled as Sophia shouted with frustration while explaining her weekend to me. I grabbed my textbook out of my locker. It's now Monday, and everyone seems exhausted due to a party that, supposedly, took place all weekend long. I can't say I'm bummed that I missed it. My best friend, here, didn't attend either. However, that didn't stop her weekend from being less entertaining.

"I mean, who does that?!" She complained from the locker beside mine she was currently leaning on. Apparently, her mom made a pie yesterday. Oh no, not just any pie. This was a homemade, Chess Pie. And let me just say, when her mom makes pies, everyone wants a slice. Her pies are da' bomb.

Did I ever mention Sophia's humungous family? No? Well, she has lots of siblings, and even the ones off to college had returned. So you can only imagine how packed her house it. So, to get back to her story, her family was fighting over who was getting the first piece. While in the mist of all the yelling and screaming, Trey—her older brother, takes the pie, and proceeds to lick the entire top of it. As anyone can guess, that didn't go over well with the others.

"What happened after that?" I asked while closing my locker, Math book in hand.

"Oh, everyone pounded on him pretty fast. Minus my parents, of course. Although they did curse him out about it. Luckily she had enough ingredients to make another one," she enlightened me. She went on to complain about her weekend as we casually stood against the lockers. The hall was still crowded with students since the warning bell hadn't rung yet.

Then, a certain someone caught my eyes. It almost happened in slow motion. He walked with such ease, so much casualty, it almost looked like he was gliding. A few students greeted him as he walked past. Some he said hello to, others he just smiled and waved politely.

Sophia's voice was muffled in my ears, and all I could hear was my heart beat faster as he neared me. I hadn't seen him at all this morning. Since I have my car back, there's no need for him to wake me up at an inhuman hour to get ready. Although, he did leave a small sticky note on the fridge for me.

Good morning, beauty. I'll see you in a few.

It was so short, so simple, yet that fact that he actually took his time out to write made me smile.

I smiled again at the memory as I watched him walking. He had his briefcase hanging from its strap on his shoulder. His head was down, as if concentrating on the path before him.

"Good morning, Mr. Wilson," Sophia's voice brought me back. At the sound of her greeting, he looked up. He found Sophia's eyes and instantly smiled politely. Then, as if on instinct...as if knowing I'd be next to her, his eyes met mine.

To say my stomach did somersaults would be very cliché.

But also very true.

"Good morning, ladies. How was your weekend?" he asked. His eyes eased back to Sophia, making sure not to linger too long on me.

"Not long enough," she groaned, causing me to laugh a little. "How was your weekend?" she asked him. His eyes moved back to me. Instantly, my mind went back to our weekend together; laughing together, meeting his mother, holding hands and...kissing.