MDIA [Ch. 6]

My Dance Instructor's Assistant

Previously: Mrs. Holt looked pleased. Lisa looked irritated and mad. Mr. Wilson looked, well I can't explain. His eyebrows were pushed down into a straight line, but not in a mad kind of way, more in a thoughtful way; like he was thinking hard about something. David and I left the stage and took or seats. Tomorrow...is when reality will hit...

Chapter 6

I woke up this morning to my phone ringing. I reached my hand outside the warm covers and started tapping along my side table for it. I didn't look at it, I just answer as I pulled my hands back inside the warm embrace of my covers. "Hello," I answered; my voice dry from sleeping.

"Where the hell are you?" Sophia answered back.

"Where the hell are you?" I retorted back, not really wanting to converse due to my sleepiness.

"I'm at school, where you should've been over an hour ago!" she shouted into the phone. I bolted into sitting position, the covers sliding from my face to my lap. An hour? My eyes shot to my clock that read 8:32 am, unfortunately, school starts at 7:15 am.

"Oh my God!" I shouted as I hoped out of bed, still holding my phone to my ear as I rushed to my closet.

"Yeah, I excused myself to the bathroom so I can call you. I'm just that nice," she complimented herself. I told her I'm on my way and hung up. I ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I have my hair down with a green see-through shirt with a black spaghetti shirt under it with dark blue jeans. I swiftly ran to the main office.

I bomb-rushed through the door. I've already been late three times, five tardies and you get a detention. I don't want to waste any days in case I really needed it. I was breathing heavy as I reached the tardy desk. I signed in and headed towards the student office worker. "Name?" he asked.

"Desiree Quinn."

He looked up to me. "You're Desiree Quinn," he asked.

He seemed a little skeptical. I eyed him strangely. "Naw, I'm the tooth-fairy," I retorted back with mock sarcasm. He shook his head and laughed.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. I just, I've heard a lot of things about you," he assured me as he handed me the slip.

"I'm hoping that's not a bad thing...?" I trailed off so he could finish.

"Well, it depends on who you hear things from," he finished. I nodded my head in agreement. There was an awkward silence.

"Well, not that this isn't fun, but I have to get to class so...see you around...?" I trailed off again, hoping he'd insert his name.

"Michael," he said with a pleasant smile. I took the time to look him over.

He had blonde hair with dark blue eyes. His skin was clear of blemishes and tanned from the sun. I could also see a hint of muscle popping through his gray t-shirt. Overall, he was pretty hot. I smiled back. "See you around, Michael," I said before leaving.

As I was walking down the hall, the teacher's lounge door opened. Mr. Wilson came out eating burger and holding a McDonald's bag. When he saw me, he stopped and I stopped. He swallowed what was in his mouth, causing his Adams Apple to bob up and down. He pointed his burger at me accusingly. "Why aren't you in class?" he asked.

I couldn't help it, I looked at the burger. Dang it! I forgot to eat breakfast before I left! And now I'm starving. He noticed I didn't respond. He moved the burger to his left side, my eyes followed. He moved it to his right, my eyes followed. Then he started moving it up and down, my eyes followed. When he started moving it in circles, I became confused. Why is he moving his burger to much?