MDIA [Ch. 24]

My Dance Instructor's Assistant

Previously:I started at the beginning, telling Sophia about when Mr. Wilson and Kristine caught me dancing. Her face expressions were priceless as I told her what happened. She then began saying how lucky I was to kiss him. She even asked me if he was a good kisser and how soft his lips were. I noticed Mr. Wilson glance my way, but I looked away before he did. If he wants to act like nothing happened then so be it. I can do the same. In fact, I can do it better.He looked away from me and starting messing with his watch; nothing drastic, just twisting the small rod on the side of it, or even just rubbing his fingers along the circular shape. "So, am I riding back with you or...?" I trailed off. "If you want," Mr. Wilson answered casually. I still have to ride home with this awkwardness between us. This should be...interesting, I guess.

Chapter 24

"Let's run through the whole thing one last time, and then we can call it a day. Everyone, take your positions!" Mrs. Holt instructed us. There were sighs of relief that practice was almost over. We'd been working hard today.

Sophia had left about an hour ago. During her time here, she continuously stared between me and my dance instructor's assistant, not hiding her knowledge of our little altercation. Lucky for me, Mr. Wilson wasn't paying much attention to her, or anyone for that matter.

He pretty much spent the remainder of practice either zoned out, or on his phone. The only time he'd glance up was if someone was talking to him. Anyway, I got in my position to do the dance. I took a seat at the tables with three other girls and waited to begin.

[AN: this is where you watch the video J]

There was a silence once the music cut off. All we could here was the heavy breathing of exhausted dancers. Then suddenly, there was applause. "Amazing! Great job, I'm very impressed. I'll see you all tomorrow," Mrs. Holt complimented.

Like always, I waited for everyone else to leave before making my way to Mr. Wilson's car. Like always, I lean against the trunk, close my eyes, and focus on the slight breeze hitting my exposed skin. Suddenly, I hear two small shuffling noises, indicating the car doors becoming unlocked.

I open my eyes and see Mr. Wilson making his way towards me, well, towards the car I should say. I watched as he grew closer, his posture seeming relaxed, as if he didn't have a care in the world. He glanced my way while he passed me, right before he opened the driver's door and got in.

I mimicked his actions and got into the car as well. Without speaking, he began driving us to his home. Then, there was the silence; the silence that seems deadly. The silence that can hold so much power. The silence that can be as awkward as speaking a person's embarrassment. For a second, I considered turning on the radio just to have some form of conversation, but thought against it.

Ugh, this is ridiculous. The silence shouldn't be this uncomfortable and awkward. We shouldn't be acting like this towards one another, especially since we'll be living together for the time being. With that being said, we have to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

"Okay, I can't take it anymore," I began with a sigh. Mr. Wilson looked at me out the corner of his eye. "We have to talk about last night," I carried on. I figured I'd be the one to bring it up, since clearly he isn't going to any time soon. He made a noise that proved his discomfort in the matter.

"No, we don't. I say we continue on like it never happened. For example; I don't know what you're talking about. What happened last night?" he lied to support his idea. I rolled my eyes at his childishness. Seriously? He's going to act like this?

"No, we have to. The sooner we talk about it, the sooner we can forget about it, and the sooner we can move on from it," I proposed for him.

He shrugged his shoulders. "There's nothing to say," was his clever response as he made a left turn onto another street. I eyed him suspiciously. Nothing to say? That's a load of bull and he knows it.