Breakups And Old Love

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO STILL DON'T KNOW, LUCAYA IS NOT A ROMANTIC PAIRING. THEY ARE COUSINS

Maya smiled as she saw her daughter and Lucas playing on the rug in front of her while she shook her head amazed at how good Lucas was with the whole thing about Riley.

"She left him. Riley. She and Charlie aren't together anymore," Maya said as Lucas looked at her.

"Maya, I don't know if I can put my heart out again. She broke up with me because she decided she wanted to be with Charlie. What if that happens again? I don't want to risk my heart again," Lucas said as he put Aurora in her play crib sitting down next to Maya.

"I'm glad you're back, Cuz. For how long will this be?" Maya asked.

"Well, I'm actually moving to NYU for my second year of college so you'll see me a lot. Even if I know I'll get hurt, I'm going to try to win her heart back again," Lucas said as he saw Josh coming through the door.

"That's amazing. Lucas is going to try again with Riley," Maya said as Josh smiled kissing Maya.

"Good idea. The whole thing with Charlie is anyway so messed up. Have you told him yet?" Josh asked as Maya shook her head.

"He got Elsa Jordan pregnant," Josh said as Lucas looked at him.

"I have to find her. I'll see you around," Lucas said as he was off.

Maya shook her head as Josh sat down next to her immediately kissing her as she threw her arms around his shoulders causing the kiss to deepen as she pulled away smiling.

"For the wedding. I don't even want to wait too long. Let's get married end of August," Maya said as Josh looked at her.

"2 months? Love are you sure?" Josh asked as Maya nodded.

"For sure. It will be a small wedding. Closest friends and family only," Maya said as Josh smiled.

"I know what this is about. You want to go to college in September don't you?" Josh asked as Maya nodded.

"I do. I know that I said it doesn't matter but I want to become an art teacher," Maya said.

"I have a contact as a play group for Aurora. I'll find out if his wife can take her in," Josh said.

"Lay her down for her nap then I'll make coffee," Maya said.

"Sounds like a deal," Josh said grabbing Aurora from her play crib immediately kissing her as they went down the hall.

~

Lucas walked into the bakery as he saw how Riley sat in the corner, wiping away her tears every now and then. He exhaled as he went to sit down next to Riley placing his hand on hers as she looked at him. Seeing her beautiful brown eyes bloodshot red was something Lucas never thought he would see. He exhaled pulling her closer into his body as she laid her head on his shoulder. Holding her tighter against his skin, Lucas got used to Riley against his skin remembering how it always was when they were together.

"Oh, Luke," Riley said pulling away as she looked him in the eye.

"I'm so sorry. I feel like right now I understand more than ever what you went through after I broke up with you," Riley said.

"You didn't do it on purpose. Hey," Lucas said lifting Riley's chin with his thumb.

"I love you. I always will," Lucas said as Riley smiled.

"I love you too," Riley said crashing their lips into a soft kiss.

~

Maya and Josh smiled as they were busy with all of the arrangements for the wedding while they knew time ran out very quickly for the two of them. Maya smiled as she saw the picture taken of her and Aurora not long ago as she shook her head.

"Okay. I definitely want Topanga and Smackle as my bridesmaids and Riley as my maid of honor," Maya said.

"For my best men I'll probably go with Cory, Eric and Shawn," Josh said.

"And then I thought Auggie could be ring carrier and Aurora could be flower girl," Maya said.

"Maya she can barely walk but I like it. Will Shawn give you away?" Josh asked as Maya nodded.

"Even though he is now my ex-stepfather he still legally adopted me so I want it to be him," Maya said.

"This will be one of the best moments in my life next to Rora being born," Josh said.