End Results

Maya had looked at Aurora sleeping in her crib while Josh had crept in from behind. He had folded his arms around Maya's body as he heard how she had exhaled. Looking at their daughter fast asleep, Maya had wondered how her life could have been different in any other way. Yet she couldn't.

"Life is perfect lately, huh? We got everything we could ever wish for," Josh said as Maya had exhaled.

"I am glowing in the pregnancy while Riley lost her daughter. It feels so unfair to say the least. That she lost something that she had felt so excited about while I get to live on my dream," Maya said as Josh looked at her.

"Sometimes you can't have it all. Riley will get her happiness, that's for sure. But right now, the universe has decided that she needs to wait awhile longer before her happiness can truly take place. Riley will have her happy ending," Josh said.

"Before or after she and Lucas lose one another?" Maya asked.

"Their relationship is so complex and complicated and full of troubles, maybe they need to have a bit of a break," Josh said.

"Aurora is turning one years old soon. Somehow it hasn't sunk in. She is nearly 1, we have our second child on the way, a sweet baby boy, and we got married. I had everything that my heart can ever wish for. Yet I feel like my life isn't yet completed. We have so much to still live for. And I want it all to be perfect," Maya said.

"And it will be. I promise," Josh said.

~

The last few months were for Maya a big blur as it had gone by so fast. They had celebrated Aurora's birthday. The one day that made Maya feel thankful for everything that she had. But soon after that they had also welcomed their son. Gabriel Alan Matthews was born on 14 February sharing a birthday with his father and carrying the Valentine's birth in the family. Like father, like son Maya had said.

Riley had decided to not let anything get in the way of her happiness. She had continued studying at NYU until she got her degree in Education. She had decided to move back in with her parents and to help around with her brother while she had gotten work at John Quincy Adams Middle School as a history teacher. She was following in Cory's footsteps and every day she made her father proud.

What happened to Lucas?

Well, he had decided that he would go away from New York after he had finished his course at NYU and he had gone back to Texas where he had helped his father and grandfather on the ranch. It was a huge adjustment for Lucas to accept that he had lost Riley. He did still very dearly love her, but he knew that they needed time away.

Maya and Josh had continued to raise their children in their apartment in New York, but when Aurora had turned 5 years old, Alan had started having extreme health problems. The man was at that stage nearly 74 years old and he was starting to get closer and closer to the age where he had to hand over his business to someone. When Maya had heard of the news, knowing they would want to keep it in the family, she had accepted an offer to take over the business. Maya and Josh had moved to Philadelphia where they had raised Aurora and Gabriel. When Gabriel was 5 years old, they came to the realization that Maya was pregnant again. So in mid October of 2026 Violet Penelope Matthews was born as the second daughter and last child of Maya and Josh.

What had happened after the birth of Violet, was everything but miserable for the pair. And that is a story to be told another time.

I absolutely love of the book had turned out, but kinda sad that it is done!

Which is why a sequel is definitely coming soon. Just figuring out a few small details. Will keep you guys posted!