Growing

Wednesday, 15 July 2020. Maya never thought that this date would mean anything for her or her family. Marking her week 9 in pregnancy it made her think about everything that was going on in her life as she looked at her daughter.

"What are you doing, Aurora?" Maya asked smiling as she picked her daughter up.

"Hello girls," Josh said as he came in through the door.

"Hey, you. How was work?" Maya asked.

"It was good. Hello, Rory. How's my girl doing?" Josh asked as Maya gave Aurora over to Josh.

"She's doing good. I still can't believe everything is going so well for us. Listen. What about we hold the small wedding thing? Wedding on the rooftop, just a few family members and that's it," Maya said.

"What did you have in mind then?" Josh asked.

"Something small next weekend. I'll probably be 10 weeks pregnant by then so it won't be too much," Maya said.

"We can do that. Doesn't seem too bad. Aurora is growing too fast," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"Yeah I know. She's just too big right now. Felt like the other day when I gave birth and now I'm going to do it again. It's insane that my due date is close to your 23rd birthday," Maya said.

"We haven't spoken about names yet. I know we had just found out about the baby two weeks ago but I think it's good to be prepared," Josh said.

"I like Ariel Rose for a girl. I think the whole 'A' names for girls is really cool," Maya said.

"I kinda want a family name for a boy then. We kinda don't have all of that already organized yet but..."

"Gabriel Joshua. It's a family name. It will be his father's name. It's perfect," Maya said.

"Gabriel Joshua? Never thought of that. I love it," Josh said.

"Ariel Rose and Gabriel Joshua then," Maya said.