Unprotected

Maya watched as Riley was walking up and down her living room as she was busy planning Aurora's birthday. Maya exhaled as she had closed the books, changing her position as she looked at Riley.

"Okay out with it, Niece. What's wrong?" Maya asked as Riley looked at her.

"I'm not your niece," Riley said.

"Sorry, Riles. Technically you are now. I'm your uncle's wife. So... What's wrong?" Maya asked.

"Me and Lucas were kinda unprotected and now I'm facing a pregnancy. It's confirmed so I'm not going insane," Riley said.

"But that's amazing isn't it? You and Luke would make amazing parents. What are you afraid of?" Maya asked.

"Motherhood," Riley said.

"Don't think you have a reason to be worried. Just go with the flow. Take me and Josh for instance. We had no idea what to do when Aurora was born. And look at us now. We are having our second child soon," Maya said.

"It's literally September. You're only due in February," Riley said.

"I can't take that as an answer. Aurora came early so Gabriel can as well," Maya said.

"You're right. Good grieve, I'm going to be a mom, Maya," Riley said as Maya smiled.

"And a really good one as well. Don't you worry about that," Maya said.

"Hopefully," Riley said.