ix. golden

jj
maelynn
maelynn
maelynn
maelynn
maelynn

maelynn <3
what jj
im trying to sleep here

jj
i wanna c u
can u come over

maelynn <3
as long as i can sleep for longer yes

jj
u can nap
pls come over

maelynn <3
is smthn wrong
do i need 2 rush

jj
no 1s hurt if thats what u mean
i just want u 2 come back
and were looking for the gold td
so we need u here anyway

maelynn <3
k gimme 5-10 mins
ill b there soon

jj
yay
thank u

maelynn <3
u bet

ミ⛧ ミ⛧ ミ⛧

Maelynn pulled in front of the Chateau seven minutes later. She was still wearing pyjama bottoms and a tank top, having finally changed out of JJ's shirt. It was in her bag. She had also brought actual clothes and a swimsuit, along with a potable charger and cord for her phone. Most of the island still didn't have great power from the storm. 

'Maelynn!' JJ called excitedly as she parked her truck. She smiled at him and held her arms out as he ran over. He picked her up in a spinning hug, which made her laugh. 

She buried her face in his shoulder as they spun, taking in a deep breath. He smelled like weed and the ocean, an odd combination that could really only be described as JJ. Only on an island would you find someone with that type of scent. 

'Something wrong?' he asked as he put her back down, noticing her tight grip on him. She shook her head no and sighed. 

'I think I'm still half asleep.'

He laughed. 'I really did wake you up, huh?'

'Yeah.' She yawned and rested her head on his chest. 

'Do you want a piggyback?'

'Yes!' she replied with as much enthusiasm as she could muster up. 

'Then you'll need to let go of me.'

'Oh. Right.'

She unwrapped her arms from around him and let him turn, jumping on as soon as his back was to her. He grabbed under her thighs and meandered through the Chateau. She nearly nodded off a couple of times in the few minutes it took to get to his room. 

'You can let go now,' he whispered. She yawned and nodded, climbing off his back and rolling onto his bed. 'Do you want me to go or stay?'

'Stay.'

He clambered in after her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head between her shoulder blades. She herself readjusted, moving backwards slightly so her back was pressed against his chest. There was a slight intake of breath from JJ as she did this. 

'You good back there?'

'Yep. Never been better.'

She rolled her eyes but settled in again, falling back asleep in seconds. JJ, though, sat awake and stared at the girl in his arms. He had never been the cuddling type - he was more of a fuck-and-run guy. But he and Maelynn hadn't even kissed. He had no physical aspect to depend on with her, just the emotional attraction. That was new and weird to him.