xvi. moody

More tears fell as she stormed home, but she ignored them. Instead, she let herself feel the anger she had always been taught to shove down. JJ was being an asshole. No one defended her. Her brother and best friends all thought she was a whore. Her dad didn't know anything about her. Her little sister and stepmother knew a selective amount - only positives. She was nothing more than a pretty face and a nice body. 

'Fuck!' she screamed. She was on the beach, at least. That was something. There were houses somewhat nearby. She could only assume she was nearing her own. 

'There you are!'

She turned and saw John B running towards her. She frowned at him and crossed her arms over her chest. 'What do you want?'

'For you to be safe...?' he said in confusion. 'What do you mean?'

'I mean that it's not like you cared all that much when JJ told me I was unhelpful. If you wanted me to be safe so bad, why did you let me leave? Huh?'

He shook his head at her. 'You and your sister are both incredibly stubborn, Maelynn. Would you have even listened if I'd told you to get in the van and I'd take you home?'

'If you begged nicely.'

'Too bad I wasn't gonna do that. So yeah, I let you walk here. Big fucking deal.'

'How are you so calm about this?' she demanded, her voice rising into a yell. 'I almost got shot back there! And guess what? No one did a fucking thing!'

'What the fuck did you want us to do? He had a gun!'

'I don't know, maybe not let him grab at me and be a fucking creep!'

'He had a gun, Maelynn! It's not like one person could take him on and still have a life left!'

'No one tried! Oh, and then as the cherry on the fucking sundae, you went and robbed him! Are you all fucking dense? He has a gun! He deals drugs! He was fully ready to take an actual person as payment for a debt!' Angry tears streamed down her face again. 'And you let me walk home from somewhere I'd never been before! And now you're all, oh Maelynn, I'm so glad you're safe, blah blah blah blah blah!'

'Maelynn-'

'Which direction is my house?' she demanded. John B pointed behind himself and she stormed off again without another word. 

ミ⛧ ミ⛧ ミ⛧

sarah beara
m
pls respond
look im sorry
we shouldnt have left

mei-mei
no u shouldnt have.
look s
i dont wanna talk rn
pls leave me alone

sarah beara
pls m
im rlly sorry

mei-mei
ill block u
pls stop messaging me.

sarah beara
love u

mei-mei
k.

ミ⛧ ミ⛧ ミ⛧

kie
maelynn
maelynn

maelynn
look kiara
i dont wanna talk
im tired and angry and sad
pls leave me alone.

kie
look im sorry
letting jj go was stupid
and we shouldve helped u
and listened