xiv. gold time, love

The next morning came quicker than Maelynn would have liked. 

Morning meant seeing how Sarah and Kiara fared. Morning meant not being held by JJ for hours on end. Morning meant another day where her childhood friends decided she was a slut for falling in love. 

Fuck. 

'Good morning, love,' JJ murmured in her ear. She hummed in response and tucked in closer, burying her face in his chest. She never wanted this to end. 'Did you sleep good?'

'I can't remember, so I think that's good,' she replied. Her words were muffled from how she was pressed against him. 'You?'

'Amazing because I got to hold you all night.'

She smiled and kissed his chest gently. 'I don't want to get up yet.'

'Me either.'

'Can you grab my phone? I want to see if there's any messages from my dad.'

JJ did as she requested, holding it in front of her half-hidden face. She took it and opened it. No messages from Ward, but one from John B. 

jombee
i told ur dad u and s slept over w kie
meet us @ the dock @ 10
ill take u and s home after

maelynn
deal
can i bring jj

jombee
if u insist

maelynn
oh i do
c u soon

jombee
c u guys

'We have to be at the dock at ten,' she murmured. JJ nodded. 'That means we have another hour to do whatever we want.'

He smiled at her. 'Oh, yeah?'

'Yeah.'

He leaned down and kissed her. 'I think I know what we can do to pass the time.'

ミ⛧ ミ⛧ ミ⛧

'So?' Maelynn called as they approached the boat. Sarah and Kiara looked highly unimpressed with them. 'What's the verdict?'

The girls shared a look. 'We'll do it.'

The boys and Maelynn all cheered. Sarah gave her sister an extra hard glare as she got off the boat and onto the dock. Maelynn simply shrugged. 

'You're just too stubborn, S. We had to do it somehow.'

'By trapping us on a boat?'

'Yep. I can tell you smoked the blunt, by the way. You smell like weed.'

'I got stung by a jellyfish and Kiara wouldn't pee on me.'

Maelynn laughed at her sister, clutching at her stomach. 'Loser!'

Sarah shoved her. JJ looked over and smiled at the two of them; mostly at how happy Maelynn looked. She took the criticism she'd received from those boys so well. It was weird how little it affected her, especially when she said herself that she'd known them since she was young. Maybe she'd come around and want to talk about it later. 

'Let's get home, Cameron's,' John B said. Sarah followed after him with no hesitation, but Maelynn lingered back with JJ. 

'I'll call you later, alright?' 

She nodded and kissed him, holding his face between her hands. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in tight. When JJ did something, it seemed to be all or nothing. Or just very intense at the least.