Chapter 33

Act III
Chapter 33 ━━ Third Wife's Sacrifice

Act IIIChapter 33 ━━ Third Wife's Sacrifice

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Shelley watches the households slowly fading as the woods grow more and more as Edward's silver Volvo speeds down the road. 

"So… Emmett's gonna be there too?" She asks Edward whose eyes are on the road, driving. 

"I'm sure he will." He turns his gaze to her for a second before he looks back on the road. There's a hint of a smile on his face. "He disappeared last night and before he did, he got pretty interesting things in his head." 

"Like what?" 

Edward shakes his head as his smile turns into a smirk. "Things related to Leah. It's better not to talk about it." 

The blonde cannot help but imagine Emmett and Leah getting intimate and the thought itself makes her feel nauseous. "Eww." 

Edward laughs. "I didn't ask you to imagine things about Emmett and Leah. Did I?" 

"I thought you can't read my mind." She groans in embarrassment. 

"I can't. Your mind is almost blank as Bella's. But it is an exemption when you think of something very strongly." 

No wonder they're related. Edward is practically the same as Esdras. With less anger issues and less arrogance, of course. Stupid mind readers. 

Talking about Esdras. Shelley misses that bastard and he ownes her for not answering her phone calls or texts. 

"How's Ezra?" 

"He's not good with grief. Give him time. He'll come around." Edward says. 

She sighs and nods. "I miss my best friend." 

"I know." Edward pulls over his car to the side of the road and the blonde looks up to notice that they arrive at the destination. 

Shelley emerges from the car to see 30 yards down the road, a shirtless Jacob leaning against his red Volkswagen. Waiting. The two guys exchange a tense look. 

"Doesn't he own a shirt?" Edward asks, standing next to her. 

The blonde takes a good look at Jacob's bulky figure with a grin. "Please. You're just jealous. His muscles are sexy." 

"And I thought Emmett is the worst." Edward grambles and looks at her. "Alright. Listen here, Shelley." 

"Here comes the lectures." She sings the words sarcastically. 

He sends her a glare and continues. "Emmett will be there to protect you too. But if something goes wrong, dial me." 

"I'm good here, you should go, Eddie."