Chapter 38

Act III
Chapter 38 ━━ The Day I Died

Act IIIChapter 38 ━━ The Day I Died

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Life is a mess. But it can be messier. Whoever told that must be awarded a nobel. 

Shelley is still standing still and shocked in the same spot Rosalie left her with a rope wrapped around her neck which she cannot find the two ends of it. The rope of questions with no answers. 

"She shouldn't have told you that." A voice boom behind the blonde, disappointment is laced in every word. "You're not yet ready." 

"What is going on?" Shelley asks. They say knowing is worse, but not knowing is the worst. Guess it's true. She's thirsty for answers desperately like a man in a dessert. 

"There are a lot of things hidden under the shelves you should know, Shell." Esdras calmly replies, looking straight into her eyes. His eyes are full of concern. "I don't know if I have the right to say that all to you." 

"Does others know? Bella?"

"Everyone knows, except you."

Throw a tantrum. That's all Shelley wants to do right now. She hates when people keep secrets from her. Especially when she's a part of it. She runs a hand through her blonde hair whilst her mind is experiencing various emotions; betrayal, anger and depression. "What is? I want to know, Ezra!" 

Esdras hesitates for a moment, wondering if he's doing the right thing. He then sighs deeply as if he's attempting to gain courage to blurt out his next few words. "You're adopted." 

Shelley blinks several times in shock. "What do you mean?"

"Her name was Vanessa Hennig. I met your mother when she was 18. She was a Nymph, just like you." Esdras begins. Sadness draws into his perfectly sculpted face deeper and deeper as the old memories flood into him. "I couldn't resist her. Beautiful, kindhearted and stubborn. All I knew was me falling in love with her. But I was late. She was already in love with her highschool sweetheart. Your father. So I kept my distance and watched her living her life from far. She was so happy. They had a daughter. You." 

He sighs once again before continuing the story. "Then there's this fire that came up in your house. I tried to save her. But it was too late for her. Your father, he was breathing his last few seconds. He was shielding you from the flames while you were crying your eyes out. He wanted me to save you. So I did. I took you out." 

Shelley's mind is about to explode with the information she just gathered about the history she never imagined to have. Her parents are dead and she's an orphan. She doesn't know if she has to cry or freak out. Maybe she should do both. She wants to go home right now. Home. It's not even her real home. Is it? 

Reading her mind, Esdras pulls the blonde into a tight embrace in an attempt to comfort her. "You aren't ready. I shouldn't have told you the truth." 

"Where is Bella?" She mumbles into his chest. "I want to go home."