Chapter 39

Act III
Chapter 39 ━━ Life Is Harder

Act IIIChapter 39 ━━ Life Is Harder

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

It's like Shelley is weighed down by something, where she finds herself drowning in a pool of water. It is peaceful. Death is painless. Easy. 

Suddenly from the darkness, Jacob reaches out a hand and pulls her out. Life is harder. 

Waking up, Shelley finds herself in a guest room of Cullen residence. She sits on the bed when the memories of the whole Riley's situation flood into her like a Tsunami. 

Her hand immediately goes to her neck to find the bitten wound gone. No scar or any visible proof of a bitten mark. 

That's when she notices how her eyes are catching everything into my eyesight differently. Dust particles in the air, the textures and details of things in the room are absolutely clear. It is like her senses are improved by great lengths. She has a clearer view of the world. This is really different but amazing at the same time. 

"Hey." 

Shelley turns around to see Jacob leaning into the doorway with a lazy smile on his face, hands buried deep inside his pockets. She smiles back widely. "Hey." 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Wonderful." She claims honestly, getting out of the bed. For some reason, she feels taller. That's when she realises the truth, how she is able to see the world differently. "Am I a-" 

"-vampire now? Kind of, yes." Jacob replies, moving to her slowly before he stands straight right in front of her, taking me in his eyes. His hand reaches her face and strokes her cheek affectionately as she leans into the heat of his hand. "So beautiful." 

Shelley faces the full length mirror to observe the changes occurred during the transformation. Her first reaction is an unthinking pleasure. The alien creature in the glass is indisputably beautiful, every bit as beautiful as Rosalie. Maybe even beautiful if possible. 

Her shoulder length hair is now reaching her waist, quite curly and wavy. Skin is flawless and smooth, glistening subtly, luminous as a pearl. However, her eyes are still baby blue. 

She turns back to Jacob, who is still in his lovestruck state and embraces him, not realising her newly found strength as Jacob starts feeling uncomfortable in her super tight embrace. 

"I get it. You're a lot stronger." Jacob says, wrapping his arms around her, not really complaining about the tight hug as long as he has his imprint in his arms. 

"Mm-hmm." Shelley hums into his chest, closing her eyes and listening to the rhythmical beat of his heart. "I love you." 

"I love you." Jacob mumbles, placing a kiss on her head.