Chapter 14

Act II
Chapter 14 ━━ Dream

Act IIChapter 14 ━━ Dream

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Running through the dark forest, Shelley abruptly changes directions desperately searching to find a way out. "Hello! Anybody here?!"

Ahead, through the darkness of the thick forest, she sees sunlight; a clearing. She hurtles toward it and bursts into the sunlight. She looks into the view around her to find herself now in a meadow filled with the delightful smell of the Tulips. "Where am I?"

"Shells..." 

She spins to the familiar voice behind her to see a russet colour wolf emerging from the forest. It is way larger than a normal wolf and its brown eyes look so familiar. 

It steps closer to her every second and she stands at her spot, watching with enchantment.

As it stands right in front of her, she raises my hand reaching to pet its soft-looking fur…

Shelley snaps her eyes open to find herself lying on her bed. She sits up, the dream still weighing on her mind… A knock on the door brings her into reality and Charlie enters carrying two gifts.

"Happy birthday, Shells."

"Thank you, Dad." 

He hands her the gifts after a warm hug. "Go with this one from your mom. We coordinated - well, she coordinated me."

She unwraps the gifts to find a silver ring with a band of small diamonds glistening through the middle. "Oh my god, it looks so expensive." 

"It is a gift from your mom." 

"Renee? Oh my god." She slides the ring into her finger which fits perfectly like it's made for her. "Tell Renee that I love it."

"Yeah. Sure." Charlie gives her a nervous smile and changes the subject. "So… you're not gonna open my gift?" 

She unwraps the other box to reveal a scrapbook. 

"I got one for Bella too. You can put your pictures in, record your senior year-man, senior year." Charlie rambles. "You kids have gone so old."

"Say that to yourself, old man." She jokes, making him laugh. 

"Yeah. Yeah. Wanna give Bella her gifts?" 

"Yup." Knotting her hair into a bun, Shelley rushes into her sister's room and screams before jumping into Bella giving her a bear hug. "Happy birthday, Bella!!!"

"And I brought your gifts!" Charlie joins them in no time.

"Dad, we agreed, no gifts."

"At least mine's not wrapped." He hands it to her. It's a digital camera.