Chapter 17

Act II
Chapter 17 ━━ Motorcycles & Cliff diving

Act IIChapter 17 ━━ Motorcycles & Cliff diving

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

The time is passing by day by day to week by week and it seems that Bella is slowly regaining back her memories Esdras compelled out of her. And she has already gone all crazy without him. 

Shelley hasn't seen her smile for a long time. It's like she has forgotten how to smile. So here they are in front of Jacob's house to hang out with him. Bella pulls up in her truck. 

Jacob comes out of the house with a huge grin. "Bella!"

Bella hops out, Jacob hugs her. Bella's surprised by his affection but doesn't mind. 

"Bout time you came by." Jacob finally turns to the blonde and hugs her but not with the same enthusiasm as he did for Bella. "Hey, Shell." 

"Yeah. Hey." 

"We brought you something." Bella pulls the tarp back, revealing - her neighbour's two dilapidated, rusting motorcycles. 

"Scrap metal. You guys shouldn't have." He says.

"It was her idea. Not mine." Shelley interjects.

"I rescued them from the dump. They'd cost more than they're worth to fix… unless one had a mechanic-type friend." Bella explains.

"Me, being the mechanic-type friend?" Jacob asks. "Since when are you into motorcycles?"

"Recently." Bella shrugs.

Studying the bikes, Jacob speaks. "The parts alone will be pricey."

"I have a college fund I can dig into." Bella says.

"Charlie's gonna love that." Jacob remarks sarcastically.

"Absolutely." Shelley scoffs.

"Charlie won't know. You promised, Shell."

"Whatever."

"Wow. Lying to Dad. Blowing through college money. Repairing dangerous machines-that I'm guessing you'll want to ride?" Jacob asks the brunette twin.

"I really get it if you think this is stupid and reckless."

"Oh, it's totally stupid and reckless." He leans closer to Bella and grins. "When do we start?"

A hint of jealousy blasts through the blonde. But it quickly vanishes away as Bella's face spreads into something she hasn't seen in a while… a wide smile. 

"How about now?" Bella asks.

"Cool." He smiles. "Shall we wheel the bikes into the garage?"

As they pull the bikes off the truck, they laugh and joke as though Jacob has brought Bella back to life.