Chapter 9

(Double update today)

Y/N POV

I woke up pretty early today, it's still exactly 6:00 in the morning, I decided to get ready anyway and go to the building early so I can get some more practice in. I took a quick shower and put on a comfortable outfit before eating the left overs Hyunjae had when he hung out with Straykids last night.

I made my way to the JYP building and showed them my ID before entering. I went to the elevator when I bumped into Ryujin sunbaenim.

Y/N: Anneyeong sunbae

Ryujin: Ohh, anneyeong, I haven't seen you around here before, are you a new trainee?

Y/N: Technically yes, but I would be debuting later this year

Ryujin: You're gonna be part of the new boy group? Congrats

Y/N: Thank you noona

Ryujin: What's your name anyway?

Y/N: My name is Lee Y/N

Third person POV

As Y/N introduced himself to Ryujin, a small smirk was seen on her face, Y/N is pretty good looking, so she understands why Yeji would fall for him, he also seems nice and polite, too bad he's lacking in height, he would've been more attractive if he's taller.

(A/N: No offence to our short kings, I'm 5'7 myself😭)

Ryujin: I got to say, you're pretty handsome Y/N, I'm positive that you will get the visual position in your group

Y/N: Really noona? Thank you

Ryujin: Now I know why Yeji fell for you

Ryujin muttered to herself silently

Y/N: What was that noona?

Ryujin: Ohh it's nothing, this is my floor right here, bye Y/N

Y/N: Bye noona

Y/N finally reached his floor and went to the practice room where his groupmates are waiting at. When he arrived, Hyojin and Jake was already there, they bowed and greeted each other and waited for Takahashi and Jaehyun. After a few minutes the two arrived and they began their practice session together. Fortunately, all of them are pretty extroverted and they got pretty close and comfortable with each other in the half day they spent together so far.

Jake: Ok guys good work, let's take a break for now

Jaehyun: This is really exhausting, I didn't know it's gonna be this hard trying to keep up with four all-arounders

Y/N: Don't worry hyung you did great

Jake: Ohhh I forgot, PD-nim told me that we should decide our positions soon

Takahashi: Maybe we should do it now? I don't think it will be that hard since all of us are good at everything with maybe some small weaknesses here and there

Jake: That's a good idea, we'll be spending the week together anyway so we can still change the positions if needed

After a few minutes of discussion among the group, they finally settled on their temporary positions

Jake: Leader, Lead vocalist, Main dancer
Hyojin: Main vocalist, Lead rapper
Takahashi: Main dancer, Lead rapper
Jaehyun: Main rapper, Lead vocal
Y/N: Maknae, Visual, Center, Main vocalist, Lead dancer

They have also decided that Jake and Hyojin will be incharge of music producing and song writing, after that, they sent the positions to JYP and he gave them the green light to start writing and producing.

But before they started to go back to work, they went to the JYP cafeteria to get lunch first since all of them were hungry from practicing

Y/N POV

Since I started training, I have eaten my lunch here, but everytime I eat here I'm still surprised by how surprisingly good the organic food here is. We got our food and got a table, we started talking about possible concepts and stuff like that, then five girls entered the cafeteria. I'm positioned in a way that I face the door so I recognized them instantly, Yeji spotted me and she smiled and waved at me, I smiled and waved back causing my members to look at me and to the direction I'm waving at, the same happened with Yeji and her members.

My members turned to me and looked at me while grinning.

Y/N: What? Something on my face?

Hyojin: Do you have something going on with Yeji noona?

Y/N: What? No we're just friends nothing more nothing less

Jake: Sure if you, say so

ITZY started walking towards us so we stood up to greet them, we bowed and Jake introduced us one by one.

Lia: Are you guys the new boy group that will debut?

Jake: Ahh yes noona, I'm Jake, this is Hyojin, that's Takahashi, that's Jaehyun and this is our maknae Y/N

Third person POV

Once Jake was done introducing them, the members of ITZY smiled and looked at each other, their eyes landed on Y/N and they decided to ask him some questions.

Lia: Y/N what's you full name?

Y/N: It's Lee Y/N, why do you ask noona?

Lia: It's nothing, can we sit with you all?

Y/N: Sure noona no problem

Yeji immediately took the seat next to Y/N which made the ITZY members giggle a bit, this surprised him since Yeji doesn't usually act like this.

Y/N looked at Yeji, she's pouting alittle with a slight tint of pink on her cheeks.

Y/N: Noona your face is kinda red again, are you sure you're not sick?

Yeji: Ahh no, it's just my members have been teasing me since last night, I'm kinda getting mad at them now

Y/N: Don't worry about them noona, Straykids does this to me all the time too

It seems like it's on cue, as Y/N said that, Straykids walk into the cafeteria and they immediately spotted Y/N and Yeji sitting together. Ofcourse all of them smiled suspicously while making heart signs at you, good thing Yeji is eating her food so she can't see them. In typical Skz fashion, the teasing didn't stop there, they got their food and sat on the table next to you talking loudly about what they saw last night grabbing the attention of your members and ITZY.

Han: Y/N-ah, where were you last night? Why did you go home so late?

Changbin: Did you maybe go on a date with someone?

Hyunjin: Speaking of date, didn't we see a couple on the park last night? They look really cute together right?

Both you and Yeji blushed and the members of ITZY chuckled while looking at you two since they know what Straykids are talking about, all the while your members are looking at you with confused smiles on their faces.

The teasing continued the entire time you were there, after Straykidz left, the ITZY members and your members followed, Y/N pulled Yeji to the side to apologize to her, she forgave Y/N again and said it was no big deal before giving Y/N a quick hug which he reciprocated before going back to their groups. The entire day went smoothly without another hitch, Y/N managed to survive another day of teasing from his hyungs.