Chapter 22

"I need to talk to you"

Jake you asshole, I don't want to associate myself with you ever again.

"Don't touch me, and how many times did I tell you that I don't want to talk to you again?"

"Ryujin this isn't about us, this is about Y/N. Just give me a chance, just this once"

"One minute"

"I just have a favor to ask you, don't tell anyone about what Heejin told you"

How does he know about that? Is he spying on me?

"And if you think I followed you, no I didn't. It's a long story, come with me at the rooftop, I'll tell you everything"

"Do you expect me to just come with you?"

"Please Ryujin, if you really care about Y/N, hear me out." Do you really think I would want to be alone with you? "If you really love him, please listen to me"

My eyes widened at his sudden statement.

"Wait, how did you know?"

"I know you well, you look at him the same way you looked at me back then"

And I regret I ever looked at you that way, the difference between you and Y/N are night and day.

"Alright, I'll come with you, but if you try anything funny I'll break your face"

We rode the elevator together and went to the top floor. He sat down on a bench and patted the space beside him.

"No I'm not sitting with you" he went off the bench and sat down on the ground. "There, happy now?" I sat down on the bench and he sat infront of me but still being some meters away.

"Tell me everything you know about the situation"

"I will, but promise me not to tell this to anyone alright?" I nodded and let him continue. "Since Heejin told you about it already, I want to tell you everything I know this time. Y/N is forced into the relationship with Heejin, and he's also forced to break up with Yeji"

"I already know that, but couldn't he just refuse?"

"He can't. If he did refuse, Yeji will get kicked out of Itzy, he's getting manipulated into doing something he doesn't want to"

Shit, now I feel even worse about myself. He's doing this for Yeji unnie but instead of understanding him, I just screamed at his face saying mean things about him.

"He also said that all of it was supposed to be a secret"

"Then why do you know about it?"

"One night, his brother found him passed out drunk at a park. He called me and Chan hyung to check up on Y/N, that's when he said all those things. He's so drunk that time he couldn't even remember what happened. I can't even imagine how hurt he is. And yesterday, after he broke up with Yeji, he went home drunk again, I'm really worried about him"

I can sense that Jake is genuinely heart broken because I'm feeling the same right now. I didn't know he was so hurt to the point that he would go home drunk on multiple occasions.

"Ryujin, I know we didn't end on the best note but, this time, just this once, I want you to work with me"

What no? I'm not falling for any of your plans

"If this is one of your plans to get back with me then it's not gonna work"

"It's not that, once Y/N has the permission to end his relationship with Heejin, I want you to help me repair his relationship with Yeji. Don't worry it, will be a long time from now, maybe two to three months. You still have time to think about it, if you don't want to, I'll just try to get help from Chan hyung. That's all I want to talk about, I'll take my leave now"