Pt 4

I had almost forgotten he was there for a moment. We started walking towards one of the cars. It was still spinning, so Soobin grabbed it on the top and held it still while I sat down.

"Thanks," I smiled. He sat down next to me, pulling the handle down, "Have you ever been on one of these before?"

"Only a few times, it's been awhile."

"It's my first time," I laughed, "I usually don't like spinny rides that much-"

A sudden shaking. Turning. The ride was starting. It was pretty tame until the centripetal force started kicking in. I never knew a ride could spin so much.

"Aaahhh!" Soobin yelled in enjoyment. I looked over at him. He was smiling, his head pressed against the back of the car. He looked at me, laughing. I pressed my head back too, and we spun faster. I didn't feel sick, though. We tried leaning to different sides to speed us up. A few times, his legs grazed mine. Warm and soft. Fuzzy. Then, finally, I accidentally leaned too much and fell onto him. He put his arm up and wrapped it around my shoulder, catching me. Normally, I would have jolted away the second I touched him, but I didn't. I leaned into him more. We twisted and spun for a few more moments, then suddenly, the ride slowed. I retreated back to my spot, still laughing.

"How was it?" he asked.

"Good," I smiled at him. He stepped out of the car, keeping it steady again and holding his hand outwards towards me. I gladly took it and stepped out. Now I was starting to feel a little dizzy. I lost my footing trying to find the exit, but Soobin grabbed my arm before I could fall.

"Thanks!" I exclaimed.

"Of course!" he laughed shyly, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a little dizzy now," I rubbed my eyes.

"That was AMAZING!" Clara yelled, jumping, "Which one next?!" she frantically looked around, "There!"

She pointed to a paragliding-style ride. The riders soared high into the sky, screaming with joy. The line looped around the gate, crowds of people waiting their turn. My eyes were fixed on the ride. A pit in my stomach.

"That looks super fun!" Mia announced, "Come on, before the line gets too long!"

"Ahhh," I murmured, "Why don't you guys go without me on this one. . ." I said nervously.

"Y/N? Why don't you want to go?" Matt questioned.

"It's just a little tall. . ." my voice drifted.

"Just one ride?" Clara begged.

"I-I-"

"It's okay," Soobin interrupted, "I can wait here with her while you guys go, I'm a little scared too."

"Alright, but you two are missing out!" Clara snickered, running to get a place in line. Mia nudged me with a smile before catching up with Clara and Matt.

Soobin and I sat down on a nearby white wooden bench. I looked at the ground solemnly.

"Are you really afraid of heights too?" I asked him quietly.

"Well. . . hmm . . ." he paused, "No, not really," he smiled.

"What? Didn't you want to go?"

"It's okay, I didn't want to make you feel left out. Besides, I'd rather stick with you anyways," he scooted a little bit closer.

"Thanks," I said, "Really. It means a lot."

We sat in silence for a few moments. The trio had only moved slightly up in line.

"I can do the Ferris wheel, though," I looked up at the ride, "It's not too bad."

"Do you want to?" Soobin replied instantly.

"Sure!" I stood up and started walking, Soobin keeping a slight distance behind me. We stood in line for a couple minutes. The sun was just beginning to set, but the line was surprisingly short.

"Tickets," said the operator.

"We have wristbands. . ." I stated, grabbing Soobin's wrist.

"Yeonjun?!" Soobin gasped.

"Soobin!" the ride operator smiled, "Good to see you! Finally started that ice cream business you were talking about?"

"Of course," Soobin laughed, "Huening helps me! Beomgyu's here too, he works with Y/N," he gestured to me.

"Was he in your rock band too?" I asked Soobin.

"Yeah, we were pretty great," Yeonjun boasted with a smile and stared off into the sky, "Taehyun's here too, you know, runs the prize game over there-" he pointed to a small shooting-style game. Stuffed animal prizes dangled from the roof, "Kind of like fate, isn't it?"

"Jeez," Soobin looked over at Taehyun, "Guess that means we should get the band back together, huh?"

"I suppose so," Yeonjun smiled at Soobin, "Get on you two, I'd love to chat more but you're holding up the line" he lifted the bar on one of the cars. He whispered something to Soobin as I sat down. Yeonjun laughed and Soobin smacked his arm.

"It's not like that, please don't," he glared.

"Whatever you say," his voice teased, "It's not strange, I get plenty of requests to-"

"Please, Yeonjun."

Soobin stepped in after me and sat down. The seat was surprisingly crammed.

"Sorry," he said as he accidentally nudged my arm. Yeonjun came over the locked in the bar, still smirking at Soobin as he walked away.

"What was that about?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing. Just Yeonjun being Yeonjun," he shrugged and shook his head.

The Ferris wheel begun to spin lightly, carrying us up; however, whoever had installed the machine had made it face the wrong way. Instead of a sunset view, we faced the dark blue of the night sky creeping in on the horizon.

"Well isn't this disappointing," I crossed my arms, laughing. The car went around two times, then we were once again greeted by Yeonjun who released the safety bar.

"Thanks," Soobin smiled, patting him on his shoulder. We began walking down the stairs when someone approached us.

"Soobin!" the stranger exclaimed, "It's been so long!" he glanced over towards me. He had beautiful eyes, "Want to win a prize for your special girl?"

"Taehyun! Ah- She's not my-"

"That bunny!" I spotted a stuffed gray bunny on display next to other prizes, "It's so cute!"

Soobin started fumbling with his wallet, but Taehyun stopped him, "Just play, no charge," he laughed. Soobin sat down and grabbed one of the toy guns. Taehyun pressed a button, and a few cardboard and plastic cut-outs of zombies staggered across the wall. Soobin squinted one eye, peered through the scope, and fired. One, two, three, four.

"Wow! You're good, Bin!" Taehyun cheered.

Five, six, seven, eight.

"Soobin!" I smiled, eyes big.

Nine, ten.

"Nice!" Taehyun grabbed the bunny from above his head and handed it to Soobin.

"Here," Soobin turned and gave the bunny to me.

"Thanks, Soobin," I blushed, feeling the soft fur in my hands. The bunny was ridiculously cute: beady black eyes and a hand-stitched nose.

"Of course," he replied sweetly.

"Y/N!" Clara ran over, "We're gonna go on a few more rides, you okay sticking with Soobs?" she looked at me with a playful smirk. Great. Mia told them. Even Matt was easy to read.

"Yes, I'm okay," I laughed softly. The sun was beginning to set. The sky was painted with pinks, golds, and oranges. Clouds dissipated. I turned around. Those eyes. Those sparkly eyes again.