Pt 7

I woke up with my blanket twisted around my waist and legs. I breathed deeply and listened to the pitter-patter of the rain outside. My bedroom was monochrome from the cloudy daylight peeking in. I reached over to grab my phone, but I ended up pushing it off my bedside table with a thud. I groaned and scooted to the edge of my bed and grabbed it from the floor. No new notifications save for a singular text message.

What are you doing after work tomorrow?

Butterflies. Anticipation.

Idk, probably thinking about you

++

When I arrived at work, I saw Beomgyu stocking up supplies from another truck.

"Hey, Y/N," he nodded in my direction, "mind helping me?"

"Yeah, of course!" I jogged over.

"Had fun last night?" he asked, lifting a box.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Boss is making you work extra tonight, not sure if he updated you," Beomgyu said sadly, "until close."

"Ugh, really?" I groaned, "Okay."

Do you want to go for a drive?

Ahh, I would, but boss is making me stay until the fair closes :(( Is that too late?

A few minutes of changing into my uniform.

Of course not, I can wait ;) I'll be there a few minutes before it closes<3

My face flushed reading his message.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" Beomgyu peered over my shoulder.

"Nothing!" I turned my phone off and placed it in my apron.

++

It was a long day. Mentally, I was exhausted, but I was too excited to meet with Soobin again to care. Excited to be around him, see where things go.

I got a phone call a few minutes after I left the grounds.

"Hey, I'm here," said a familiar voice, "pulled up to the front."

"Heading out now, see you in a few," I said in almost a whisper. I hung up and broke into a light jog.

I opened the front door and heard Bebe Rexha's music blaring. Soobin's eyes darted around the central plaza, then caught mine. They lit up with joy. He turned off his music and cleared off the front seat. Before I could reach the car, he frantically ran to my side, opening the passenger door. He had a black t-shirt with some band logo printed on the front.

"Thanks," I said, smiling up at him.

"Of course!" he waited until I scooted inside and gently closed the door, shuffling back to the other door. He sat down and shifted to drive.

"Where are we going?" I glanced over. We were starting to pick up speed and his hair was fluttering like yesterday.

"It's a secret," he said with a smile. He rested his arm on the open window, pushing the hair out of his face, exposing his forehead.

The street lights that illuminated the road began to dissipate. We drove off-road onto a dirt trail. The car teetered as it wandered across the uneven ground. At the end of the stretch, Soobin stopped the car slowly. We were surrounded by fields on all sides and there was a small forest in the distance. He turned the car off, stepped out, and circled over to my side, opening the door.

"Close your eyes for a minute," he said quietly.

"Okay," I smiled and followed his instruction.

++

I felt him hold my hands suddenly, standing me up and out of the car seat. Laying his hands over my eyes, he begun leading me to the back of his car.

"Don't open yet," he said. I could tell he was smiling.

"I won't," I chuckled.

"Okay," he paused and released his hands, "you can look now."

I opened my eyes and saw the back space in his car decorated with fairy lights and pastel pillows. A soft blanket was laid down, the edges slipping down the bumper. Soobin sat down and looked up at me. The car rocked slightly.

"I thought it might be fun to stargaze," he said with a smile, "I know it's not much, but-"

"It's cute," I assured and sat down next to him, "It's perfect."

"Do you mind if I..." Soobin reached behind a couple of pillows and pulled out a polaroid camera, "Can I take your picture?"

"Oh-!" I smiled, "Sure."

Soobin's hands held the camera awkwardly up to his eye, hunched over. I outstretched my hands and opened my mouth into a smile, posing. A bright flash made my eyes squint and nose scrunch. Soobin pulled the camera away from his eyes, hand ready to catch the photo. I crept closer, pulling my hair back behind my ear. He pulled the photo out, placing it to the side on the blanket. Then he held up the camera, lens facing him. Nervously, he placed his arm around my shoulder. I was already close, peeking at the photo, but he pulled me closer. I looked up at him and saw his dimple smile. Frantically, I faced the lens, but it was already too late. Soobin started pulling the photo out. He placed it next to the other one, which was already developed.

"Cute," he picked it up and smiled. The photo was a little washed and I was second-guessing the pose I chose.

"Ahh," I cringed, covering my face. Soobin laughed quietly.

"I think it's cute," he turned away from the photo and looked at me, eyes sparkling. He placed the photo away onto a pillow and grabbed the other one.

"Oh," I mumbled once I saw it. In the photo, Soobin looked lovely. I, on the other hand, had been caught staring at him.

"Is this how you look when you look at me?" he asked with a sly smile. I flushed red.

"I can't help it," I snatched the photo out of his hands, examining it closer.

"Woah!" Soobin jolted his head upwards.

"What?!" I placed the photo down next to the other one.

"A shooting star!" he explained, "I've driven out here so many times but I've never actually seen one."

"You've driven out here before? By yourself?"

"Yeah, though it's a lot more fun with some company," he fiddled with my hands.

"Shouldn't you make a wish?" I asked.

"Hmmm," he mumbled, "Funny, I can't think of anything..." he turned and smiled at me, "Oh! I can open the sunroof, if you like."

"Sure!" I said eagerly. He scooted back, laying down on the blanket and pillows. I followed, leaning near him. We were only a couple of inches apart. Our eyes locked briefly and I held my breath. He used his free arm to press a button over our heads. The glass opened. His arm. The t-shirt sleeve was slipping down as he reached. Muscles. I rested my head on a pillow. He did the same. We were looking at each other instead of the stars above us. His eyes flickered down to my lips. A cue.

I grabbed his face with my hands and pulled him closer. Locked. Heat. He groaned as he breathed. His hands wrapped around my waist and I nudged my body up against his. He suddenly released, leaning his head back onto the pillow, facing the stars. Still holding his face, I planted kisses across it and down onto his neck. Pulling his bangs back from his forehead, grazing his nose, his curled lips. Veins, collarbone. All of the sudden, I heard a low grumble. Soobin's eyes were closed but his mouth was gaping open.

"Soobin," I whispered, "Soobin?"

No response. Then, a loud snore. I laughed quietly and fell next to him, watching him sleep. Then, I crawled to close the back door. I grabbed the blanket and draped it over us.