Pt 11

Mia's car pulled into my driveway. I put my phone away frantically and went to open my front door.

"Hey Mia!" I called to her as she stepped out of her car. A small bag swung around her shoulder and she had star shaped sunglasses over her eyes. When she saw me, a smile grew on her face.

"Hey girlie!" she slammed her car door closed and began walking up to the door, "All ready for Six Flags? Normally I wouldn't expect you to be into this kind of stuff, but I'm really excited!"

"Yeah. . ." I squinted, "actually, I have a bit of a surprise for you."

Just then, a loud VROOM echoed down the street. Mia jolted at the sound. A black motorcycle sped up to my house. The sun was shining.

"Oh look!" I walked to the door, "Your ride's here!"

"What?!" Mia said, confused.

The rider got off the bike, flipped the kickstand down, and took of his helmet. Mia turned to me and smacked my arm.

"Are you serious?" she gasped.

"Yeah I'm pretty much the best- you two have fun!" I opened the door for Mia. Beomgyu brushed the hair out of his face, smiling at her.

"I seriously owe you for this one, Y/N," she started walking towards him, almost skipping with joy. I closed the door and peeked through the blinds. They talked and laughed for a few minutes until Beomgyu sat down, handed her a helmet, and gestured for Mia to sit behind him. Once she did, he reached for her arms and wrapped them around him. Suddenly, my phone buzzed in my pocket.

How did it go?

Good! I think they're gonna have a fun time!

Can I come pick you up? :)

Yes please ;)

++

"Here," Soobin opened the door to Nice Ice, a local skating rink.

"Thanks," I smiled and stepped inside, up to the counter. We picked out our skates and sat down on the cold wooden bench to put them on. We both had dug out our poofy winter coats, mittens, scarves, and hats, but it was still freezing to the point where none of it mattered. I was surprised they could keep an ice skating rink open and at this temperature in the middle of summer.

"I hope you know I'm a pretty terrible ice skater," I laughed nervously.

"Don't worry, I'm no judge," Soobin tied the last knot on his skates, "Need some help?" he kneeled down and helped me lace mine.

"Thanks," I watched him as he tightened the strings. His hair looked incredibly soft.

"Too tight?" he glanced up at me. I shook my head.

He stood up and held his hand out. I placed my hand in his and stood up too, though I ended up stumbling a bit. Soobin's arms prepared to catch me, but I found my balance. Like walking on mini stilts.

"I'm good!" I laughed, "Let's go!"

"Okay!"

We entered the rink. Soobin stepped onto the ice first. A natural.

"Okay, don't be afraid!" he said enthusiastically. Then he noticed my nervous expression, "Just take my hand."

The entire room was freezing. A few people skating at high speeds, kids doing spins, and here I was, anxious to even step on the ice. I sighed in embarrassment, looking at the ground.

"Hey," Soobin said softly, "don't even look at them. I'm the only one here right now, okay?"

I nodded dismally and reached for his hand. My ears, toes, and fingertips were beginning to go numb, but his touch was warm. Warm enough to overpower that fear. One skate at a time, I stepped out onto the ice. He reached and took my other hand in his. Mittens.

"Better?" he looked pale in the cold, cheeks and nose a rosy red.

"Better."

"Okay, just follow my lead."

He began skating backwards, pulling me slowly along with him. Suddenly, my ankles buckled and knees turned in.

"Try to keep your legs as straight as you can," he stood up tall and pulled his shoulders back. I followed his instructions, focused. He pulled a little faster. Blades gliding across the glassy ice. At one point, he moved next to my side. I could feel his fingers through the gloves. I squeezed them as I tried to balance. One slip.

"Aaahh!" I gasped and fell into him. He caught me before I hit the ground, mittens hugging my waist. My hands on his shoulders. I flushed and let out a small breath, "Sorry," I whispered. He didn't say anything. His mouth was parted slightly, eyes sparkling. He reached his hand up, mitten scratching against my cheek as he pushed my hair out of my face gently. He tilted his head to the side, eyes fluttering down to my lips. He cupped my face and pulled me closer. A warm breath.

"Soobin," I tilted my head down, "not with everyone here."

"Ah-" he released me sadly, "sorry. . ."

A brief moment of silence.

"Do you want to get ice cream?" I tried to lighten the mood, pulling on his arms playfully and swinging them to the sides. 

He perked up instantly.

"Ice cream?"