⚜Moved Up⚜

After the incident from last night, Siddharth and Devasena kept a close eye on those around them, Sumedh finally met Devasena. He was pleased to know she was in the palace and with Siddharth as his betrothed.

Devasena met up with Sumedh when she saw he was organising new maids and servants in the palace and upgrading security.

"Prince Sumedh, why all the new maids?" Devasena questioned, seeing the lines of women go pass. They were all dressed in light clothing not to heavy looking, all quiet, lifeless almost. "Princess, this is for your stay and future after you wed my brother!" Sumedh stated. Devasena felt a little uneasy, she knew she would eventually have to marry Siddharth but not that soon.

"So these maids are for me? Has there been a shortage of staff recently?" Devasena questioned. Sumedh nodded. He explained about how Vampires and/or other supernatural creatures have been picking up people, turning them into their own species, no longer human and most of them have been drained of blood or used as sacrifice for a ritual concocted by witches.

"Oh and Princess, i know of what had occurred last night with you and Siddharth!" Sumedh stated. Devasena's face slowly tensioned. "Worry not, i will not tell anyone!" Sumedh comforted. Devasena smiled and left the place. But before she saw a girl going by parading around as a maid, she recognised who it was by her glowing skin and radiant glow, her clothing style was no surprise to Devasena.

Devasena went back up to Sumedh, "Prince, is it fine to select my personal maid?" Devasena questioned, already having her personal maid in mind. "Sure choose who you want?" Sumedh had all the maids line up by age and height. Devasena went past them and picked the one on end. Sumedh could not see the maid Devasena chose but he let it be. "I pick this girl to be my personal maid!" Sumedh nodded Devasena left for her chambers with the newly picked maid behind her.

Once she closed the chamber doors she turned to her maid. "What are you doing in this Kingdom, Shriya?"

"i'm sorry dear cousin but alongside your betrothal i have mine, it is why i am here! Shriya stated

"i'm sorry dear cousin but alongside your betrothal i have mine, it is why i am here! Shriya stated. Devasena sat beside her down on the swing in her bed room, Devasena saw the back of her veil. She untangled the tip of it from the tiara she wore on her crown.

"You were here to see Prince Sumedh your betrothed?" Devasena stated the obvious. Shriya nodded, "I have seen him secretly, he has not seen me yet however a couple days ago he was in charge of a vampire round up, he almost captured them in the Paurashpur woods!" Shriya foretold. "Okay here is what you do, you can stay in Paurashpur for as long as you like and under the presumed disguise of my personal maid, until the time comes for your marriage to Prince Sumedh, then reveal the truth to him the rest will be smoothed over!" Devasena explained, Shriya nodded.

Within the Witches Coven~

Latin. A lot of Latin, their spells cast, prophecies written, predictions and oracle reading have been taken down. Within the caves in Paurashpur forests. The witches coven have been coming together every full moon to see on their prophecies and test out new magic. Only witches, strictly not for vampires, werewolves, humans. Three witches who saw before hand of Devasena's prophecy. Had come together again.

The two witches had waited for the third one to complete a potion written down in her grimoire. A drop of Vervain.

"What kind of potion includes drops of Vervain Renee?" One witch questioned confused. "It is for Princess Devasena, to drink!" The witch Renee had answered. "As per the predictions Devasena is to wed a Prince and bring light to the country by unity, however she needs to drink this!" Renee explained. "What is the drink for?" the witch Kenya questioned. She went up near Renee's potions, she picked up a vile of it and saw it closely. "To prevent Vampirism!"

"WHAT!" The witch Amelia had questioned. Amelia was a powerful witch. She is a Bennet witch and a long distant descendant of Qetsiyah the witch of the 1st Century BC. "What would it be like if Princess Devasena did become a vampire?" She questioned again. "Unity of alliance, the doppelgänger must not be a Vampire it is of nature law!" Renee said. "The prophecy of the young Prince of Paurashpur, if he and the doppelgänger are to be wedded then would it be..." Kenya stated, Renee cut her off, "He is darkness, she is light and are polar opposites fire and ice, either death and destruction because of him or unity and light because of her, they are each others destiny and destruction!" Renee stated.

Amelia held up the vile and saw it glow in the dim light coming from the closed curtains nearby. "How are you to give it to the doppelgänger?" She questioned. "I will head to Paurashpur and reveal the vile to her, in hopes for her to take it or i spell her too!" Renee stated.

Time passed to night fall~

Devasena was getting her hair undone by Shriya, she always fell asleep in lose curls and opened hair. Not the styles that pull on her roots and make it uncomfortable to sleep in. "So did you hear?" Shriya started, combing out the ends of Devasena's hair. "What?" Devasena questioned moving some of the items on her dressing table. "there is a ball tomorrow, in your honour!" Shriya stated finishing off the combing. She had parted it through the middle and went near to the table to see the different oils near the candles that melted the ingredients.

"Why a ball for me?" Devasena asked looking at her reflection, running her fingers through her hair. "Oil?" Shriya asked to know what oil to put in Devasena's hair. "Coconut, overnight!" Devasena stated. "hmm." Shriya moved the bowl from the candle and blew on it. She took some in her hands and created a lather, her fingers worked like a comb and applied the oil in Devasena's hair. "Answer my question, why the ball?" Shriya sighed slightly. "It is similar to a 'welcome to Paurashpur' celebration and for your betrothal!" She stated, going in a low voice towards the end. Devasena sensed she was nervous and knew there was more behind it. "Shriya, spill!" She demanded. "Queen Chandika, King Devendra, Queen Anusuya and King Bamni have all decided to move up yours and Prince Siddharth betrothal, not sure how much but King Devendra is to arrive tomorrow as well!" Shriya explained. Devasena nodded. She looked deeply into the mirror. Though she knew of how to survive and fight she wasn't ready.

'Marriage is not my goal, but it could lead me to it or prevent me' Devasena thought remembering the words Anusuya had told her on Priyamvada's farewell.

'as a legitimate heir to the throne, you could rule Paurashpur'

Anusuya's words came to her. 'A Princess, Warrior, Betrothed, Wife? Queen? who am i? i do not think i am ready, with this marriage or to be Queen?'

'What should i do?'

Hope you enjoyed!

Edit: 12/08/21

PUBLISH: 15/08/21 19:16pm