⚜Something To Learn⚜

A/N- Hey guys! Sorry for not continuing after such a long time. Its been a year, 5 months and 19 days.

So on request I decided to update. I've been meaning to as well. Since I've loved the plot of this story. But I was occupied with my other stories such as Light in the Dark, Saints Of Legend, Spy and a Mafia and a couple of Ao3. Check it out when you get the chance too.

Okay, sorry. I won't update regularly but I will try to.

Enjoy the chapter x

******

"Where are we?" I asked on my horse. Looking around we were in a camp site, all were trained in vampire experience and supernatural knowledge. It made me feel highly uneducated, in anything. Siddharth got off his horse and one of his people took the reigns and directed it to the stables nearby.  He held out his hands and helped me get off my horse. "We are three miles away from one of the vampire hotspots."

Prince Siddharth soon lead me to a tent where he told me to rest for a while. He helped take my long black coat off and placed it on the back of a wooden chair in the tent.

"I have to check on my men and ready the tranquilliser darts. If you need anything there are attendants outside your tent." He said as he snapped his fingers, maids were brought in with plates full of food, tea, and herbal ointments. "If you behave, I will show you the sights around the camp and perhaps allow you to accompany me on a mission." His face came inches closer to mine and his brown eyes pierced deeply into mine, "If you do not, I will send you back and request to not allow you outside of palace walls without supervision." He threatened, I nearly spat in his face–instead I nodded curtly.

He turned on his heel, and I watched the flex on his back as he strut out of the tent–guards bowing to him from either side.

The maids began to take me to a small bathing area behind a wall of curtains. There was a small enough tub of water. They all began to take off my clothes and sprinkle rose petals in the waters. I saw my tired reflection in the water.

Gently, they scrubbed me and dunked my head down in the water after lathering it with soap. They wrapped a towel around my hair and a long towel around my body. Clutching the towel, I tried my best to not shiver from the cold. One of the silent maids, stoked the fire place. "Are there any clothes I can change into?"

A younger maid nodded and presented me with a red gown. Darted with leather upholstery and silver embroidery. I quickly dressed behind the screen, maids finished up lacing my corset.

The rest of the day was spent reading, gossiping with the maids. Which I wasn't entirely keen about. They knew too much about the politics of court or about the habits of the Royal family. I caught two of them complementing Prince Siddharth–saying how handsome he is and how lucky I was that he was my fiancé. Then they started complementing his brother at which point I rolled my eyes and denied the whole thing.

The maids were a great source of entertainment and easy time pass. Until a messenger came into the tent, saying Prince Siddharth was requesting my audience.

I craned my neck, why couldn't he bother coming to get me himself? How busy could he honestly be? Is this how our marriage is going to turn out? I let go of the cursed thoughts and grabbed the nearest shawl. Wrapping the thin fabric around my shoulders, I made exit with the messenger who led me astray from my tent to another with many guards at its front and surrounding entrances.

"Prince Siddharth?" I asked for. He looked up from his desk. Tired circles under his eyes. I couldn't believe I did not notice them before.

"Princess." He said dryly.