⚜The Ball⚜

The day passed quickly, some exploration and some tasks Devasena had done around the palace and kingdom. Shriya had decided to help do her hair and dress.  Devasena was quite excited and nervous to meet King Devendra. But worried for the announcement of her betrothal being moved up to who knows how many days or weeks.

Devasena's bathing was complete and soon she exited her bathing chambers in a white silk garment wrapped around her body. She saw herself in her mirror, she turned slightly by her hip to see her back. Devasena saw her scars have deepened and most of them were completely gone, seeing them never made it easier for her. The way she received them was quite traumatising. Devasena believes she is impervious to physical pain but she did not want to test that belief. Her hair was all washed out and wavy, she took a comb and tried to untangle her hair she saw an unfamiliar chest on her bed, with a side not attached to it. She put her comb down on her table and saw the note. It was a note written by Siddharth.

'Mother wished for me to give you a present for the ball. I had picked out a dress for you, i do hope i do not have such terrible taste in female attire. See you tonight Princess.'

~ Prince Siddharth

Devasena put the note aside and opened the chest. It was two piece lehenga, in royal red and gold. "Prince Siddharth does have exquisite taste!" Devasena took it out and laid it out on her bed. Shriya came in to her chambers and asked her to change fast so she could do her hair. 

Shriya saw the note left by Siddharth. "aww, that is a nice gesture, he does have good taste in red, your preferred colour!" Shriya stated. Devasena squinted her eyes and gave her annoyed face. "His choice is not that good!" Devasena disagreed. "hmm, so maybe i should wear it!" Shriya said touching the red dress. "no, this dress is for me!" Shriya raised an eyebrow. "It would be disrespectful if i did not wear it, do not give me that look!" Shriya raised her hands up. "Okay i am not saying anything!" Devasena found that hard to believe. She waited for 10 seconds. "you like your future husband's taste!" 

"Shut up!" Devasena threw one of her silk pillows at Shriya. Shriya just giggled a little. Devasena went behind her dressing stand. The lehenga fit her body perfectly. It showed some of her lower stomach so she pulled up the lehenga a little. She twirled around showing of the lehenga to Shriya. "You look gorgeous, come i need to do your hair!" Devasena sat down at the dressing table and let Shriya start doing her hair. 

***

"Done!" Shriya stated, moving the twisted comb from Devasena's hair. Devasena admire herself in the mirror and she admitted she looked amazing. "Beautiful, thank you Shriya!" Shriya smiled, "come it is time for the ball!" 

---{***}---

Devasena entered the massive throne area, were the guests were all socialising and having a good time. Many parted away to see Princess Devasena enter into the middle of the room. Siddharth put down the wine glass he had in his hand, he saw Devasena coming in the outfit he chose for her. She looked beautiful.

 She looked beautiful