Moving On

I rolled over to a rather familiar beautiful scene. My wife was sound asleep, the sun outlining her body.

"Stop, your drooling." She said.

"What?" I said wiping my mouth earning a chuckle from her.

"I'm just teasing. I felt you gazing again." She said as she sat up.

"Ready to get back?" I asked her.

"Winn, I am in no shape to fly back to National City." She said.

"We could drive." I said.

"I will take us a day and and more hours. Essentially we will not make it until two days." She said.

"Well, that's the only way we are going to get there." I said.

"Fine, can we leave at night though?" She said.

"Sure." I said as I kissed her on her forehead." I said and I got out of bed and she sat up and then swung her legs over the side of the bed and put her slippers on and got up. We went down stairs and there our doorbell run. She sat on the couch, and ate the fruit salad and I opened the door.

"I have a package for the Schotts." The delivery guy said.

"Yeah that's us." I said.

"Perfect, just sign here." He said and I signed the tablet and his crew had pushed the package in as well as handed me a small box and pushed a large box through.

"Have a good one." He said.

"Thank you." I said as I closed the door. "The cribs are here and so are the car seats and this is for you." I handed her the smaller box. She opened it, and gasped.

"This is adorable. It's two blankets that are made from the same material as my cape. It came from my parents." She said.

"Ok I'll load it into the car." I said as I then took the cribs upstairs in to the yellow room. I quickly assembled the chestnut colored cribs and made the beds. Nala came upstairs, she took a look in the room.

"These bring the room together." She said. I stood behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her cheek and hummed Fly Me Too The Moon in her ear. 

She sighed, "I needed this. I literally feel like I am going to pop."

"Cause you are. You're at that point." He said.

"I know. But at this point I'm ready to see our babies. And actually get some real sleep." She said.

"I know." I said.

"Actually I am going to lay down now." She said as she then went in the room and went back to bed. I held the rabbit and the teddy bear and I looked around and smiled. I am genuinely excited to be a father. I placed them in each crib and there was a knock on the door. I went downstairs and seen a letter. I picked it up, I opened it and read it, "To the Schotts, I've got my imp eye on you." I looked around and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. And went back in the house. I shredded the letter because I didn't want Nala to worry about it. I then I went upstairs to check on her, she was watching Failure to Launch instead of sleeping.

"Hi." I said laying on the bed.

"Hey." She said as we shared a kiss. I slid my arms under her stomach and we cuddled. "Babe."

"Hmm?" I said in her neck.

"I'm hungry." She said.

"What are you in the mood for?" I asked.

"I want tacos. And churros and French fries." She said as she looked at me.

"So, a night on the town?" I asked.

"I was thinking more along the lines of delivery but ok." She said.

"We can stay in if you want." I said.

"No, no, no. It's fine." She said.

"You sure?" I asked her.

"Yes Winn, it's ok with me." She said as we both got up and got dressed. We went into the city and we found a little Spanish restaurant, it looked family owned.

"Hi welcome to Juanita's. Table for two?" A girl with red hair asked.

"Yes please." I said as she sat us at a table.

"I'm so excited." Nala said. The girl with red hair came back and she came back and she almost dropped the waters the glasses froze. She looked around and hurried up to put them back. She put the glasses on the table.

"Don't tell my father," she panicked and then looked around, "What can I get you?"

"Ahh... I'll take the beef tacos & a side of fries." Nala said.

"And I'll take the chicken enchiladas." I said and she took the menus.

"Alessandra." The man called.

"I'll bring your order out soon." She said with a small smile. She then walked over to the man who then placed a hand on her shoulder and walked towards the kitchen.

"That was awkward." Nala said.

"Yeah." I said as I stood up.

"Winn?" Nala called out as I walked towards the kitchen. I heard slight arguing and I looked through the glass. Her Dad had yelled and then went to hit her and I grabbed his arm.

I went Metal, "Leave her alone. That's your daughter for crying out loud."

"This is not my daughter. She is a monster." He said.

"She's not a monster, you are. I will come back everyday and make sure she's ok if I have to." I said.

"And what if she isn't?" He said.

"I have friends in high places." I said as I looked at Alessandra, I wrote Nala & I's number down, "Call us if you need anything. Or just whistle." I walked out and grabbed Nala's hand. "We have to go."

"Winn." She said softly.

"Nala, please. If I stay I'm going to lose it on the owner of this restaurant." I said.

"Ok, okay. I'm coming." She said as she stood up slowly. She looked like she was in pain.

"Are you ok?" I asked and I held her hand.

"It's really my back and these kids are either playing or kicking." She said as we walked towards the car. I helped her in the car.

"Are you still hungry?" I asked.

"No I just want to lay down." She said as she then leaned the seat all the way back. I was a bit nervous and since there wasn't much I could do.

We arrived back home and Nala laid in the couch with her belly hanging off the edge. "Do you need be to get anything?"

"No." She said.

"Do you want your feet a bit elevated?" I asked.

"No." She said.

"Do you need a pillow or anything?" I asked.

"No Winn! I don't need anything." She said sounding a bit annoyed. "Sorry."

"No you're fine. I'm just a bit sad I can't do anything to make you feel better." I said.

"You could rub my back." She said.

"Rub or massage?" I asked.

"Massage. It should be better that way." She said as I began to massage he back. Groans escaped her lips and I chuckled. "Winn go a little to the left, down over. Right there." She said as I massaged the corner of he back.

"Ok so is there anything you want?" I asked .

"Yes to have our kids already. I miss helping people. I miss wearing the suit." She said.

"I know babe. Don't worry before you know it you'll be back in it, in no time." I said as I planted a kiss on her temple.