Kissing El's

About a month later...

"Aaaahhh... ba ba ba." Mary said.

"Yeah, you little rockstar." I said as she was on her stomach on the play mat, Bren was laying in his back shaking the rattle. "Mama should be home soon." The door bell rang. I used my hearing to hear who was at the door.

"No, I made it alright." Kara said on the phone. I used my speed to open the door and then sit back over with the kids. She came in, "why hello. You guys got super big. It's only been a month and a half. Hey Winn." She went and washed her hands.

"Hey Kara what brings you to Canada?" I asked as I held Brenden in my lap and Mary cooed again.

"Just visiting my niece and nephew, also decided I needed a break. Things are getting super rough." She said holding Mary. She began tickling Mary and Mary bursted out into laughter which then made Brenden laugh.

"You thought that was funny dude," I said lifting him to look at me. He looked at me and I began tickling him, "oh yeah." He then started laughing on his own.

Nala opened the door, "Do I hear my babies laughing and having a good time with Dad," she looked at us, "and Aunt Kara." She said and she came over and kissed Mary's forehead and then Brenden's. "Hey babe." She said to me and we shared a quick kiss. "Hello Kara. Long time no see." She said as she washed her hands.

"Seriously I miss you both in National City." She said as Mon-El came in.

"Did I leave... Kara." He said.

"Mon-El, fancy seeing you here." She said.

"I could say the same." He said.

"Hey how was work." I asked ending the tad bit of awkward silence.

"It was good to be back in a lab. But it's not my lab, I share it. The company owner said he was impressed with my resume and reference, but however I'm missing qualifications to operate my own lab, yet alone own floor." Nala said.

"Are you?" Kara and Mon-El asked at the same time.

"No, I'm not. He's just being an anti-feminist arrogant male. Who is clearly threatened by my intelligence." Nala said.

"So would you consider a new lab?" I asked.

"I would but until then I have to suffer and make the most of out this one." She said.

"How has everything been for you guys?" Kara asked.

"It's been good. Very light but hardly any real weird attacks." I said.

"It's been quiet. Parent life has been amazing probably rough on Winn for the first two weeks being here. But other than that not bad." Nala said.

"So Mon-El, how long are you in town for?" Kara asked.

"Um... just.. ah.. I'm staying. Not visiting." He said.

"Isn't something going to affect said timeline in the future?" She asked.

"Without me? No." He said.

"What about Irma? Wouldn't she miss you?" Kara asked and Nala took Mary from Kara.

"Would you look at that. It's feeding time for the twins. Winn would you join me upstairs for a moment." Nala said.

"Yup." I said as we went upstairs.

Mon-El's Perspective...

I sighed, "Well... there's no easy way to say this. She's dead Kara. And no matter how many times I went back, How many different ways I took, she died in my arms the same way every time. So because I went back so many times, I decided before I mess anything up further, I just come right back here. So I moved, I'm just the third house down from here. I help out with the twins as much as I can, and I have a job." I said.