Another Time

Next Day...

I sat up as the sun peaked through the blinds. My body jolted upward as Winn's grip tightened around my waist.

"You're fine, the kids are ok. Go back to sleep." He said sleepily.

I sighed, "I just need to see them."

"Your mom took them out. She has the day off, she took them over to the museum and they won't be back until three." He said with his eyes still closed.

"But what about.." I began as Winn then said, "No. Please you need to rest. You've been through enough already. You've gotten up at least several times and haven't slept through the night. She's been defeated and no one is after the twins anymore. Please rest." He said as he looked at me.

"Ok." I said as I then laid back down. I held Winn's hand and tried to fall asleep. Next thing I knew I drifted to sleep. What woke me was that I rolled over and Winn was gone. I slowly sat up to a fully dressed up Winn.

"You're awake." He said as he kissed my forehead and before he walked away I grabbed his face and kissed his forehead. "You do know you could kiss me."

"No I have morning, well noon breath." I said.

"Hey, for better or for worse remember." He said as he then kissed me.

"You are so sweet." I said.

"Thank you. And it's not noon. It's actually night. You slept the day away." He said.

"What?" I said in disbelief.

"But not to worry. I made plans, you just need to get dressed." He said.

"Winn. How? When?" I asked.

"While you were asleep. Besides a few people owe me a few favors." He said as I got dressed in the bathroom.

"Do I need anything else?" I asked.

"No I have our bags in the car." He said.

"Bags? Car? Winn what are we doing?" I asked.

"It's a surprise." He said as I came out, his jaw dropped, "You are always beautiful."

"Thank you." I said as we were walking passed the twins room. Mary was sound asleep and Brenden and my mom was still reading a book.

"And the little Prince was so excited that he ran towards the Queen and gave her a big hug." Mrs. Velez said.

"Momma." Brenden said as he ran towards me and hugged my legs.

"Hey my big boy," I picked him up. He rested his head on my shoulder, "Uzheiu is reading you a story?"

"Yeah. Where are you and abba going?" He asked.

"We are going out for a little bit but we should be back ok?" I said as he looked at me then Winn and shook his head no and bury his face in my neck.

"No. Please stay." He said as he hugged me.

"It's only for a little while, I promise." I held out my pinky.

"Eema's pinky promises means serious business." Winn said.

"Ok, but you too Dad." Bren said as we pinky promised him and I put him down and he gave Winn a hug and Winn kissed him on the forehead. We then left, "Have fun you two, but not too much fun. These two aren't even teens yet." Mrs. Velez said.

"Thanks Mom." I said and Winn opened the door. There was a 1960 chevy corvette jet black in front of the house. "This is like a dream."

"It was hard to find but I did and it's ours." He said.