The Twin's First Christmas

I called Mrs. Velez, "Hello?" She answered.

"Hi, um I have a question." I said.

"Ok is this a parenting question?" She asked as she was being paged.

"No. So Nala was crying earlier. I'm not sure when or for how long exactly but she came down stairs and it was kind of like the life was sucked out of her you know? And when I asked if there was anything I could do she said no." I explained.

"Well Winn she did just have twins that are a week and some change old.  However, it is normal. It's just postpartum depression. It happens to moms occasionally, it only really last for two weeks. After that she should be fine, if it last longer than that.. then that's when we get concerned." She told me.

"So there isn't anything I can do?" I asked.

"Not really. Just be there for here when needed." She said.

"Ok. I just, it's hard to see her like that." I said.

"I know, but don't worry Winn. It's your first day without her. Starting at a new company in Canada. Just breathe and enjoy your day at work." She said, then yawned.

"Oh I forgot. Time difference." I said.

"No you're ok. I'm actually driving home." She said.

"Ok." I said.

"Winn." She said.

"Yes?" I answered.

"You're doing an amazing job as a Dad and a Husband." She said.

"Thank you. I needed that." I said.

"You are welcome. Enjoy your day at work." She said.

"Thank you and please get rest when you get home." I said.

"I will." She said as we hung up. I was at work and the day went by so quickly. I drove home and Nala had finished setting the table.

"It smells amazing. Where's Mon-El?" I asked.

"He's downstairs filling out his fifth job application." She said as I kissed her cheek. "How was work?"

"It felt good getting back to the groove of things." I said.

"That's good. The kids are fed and are now asleep and I hadn't done much, hence the same outfit." She said.

"You did things, and hey you cooked dinner. As you did. You are beautiful as ever." I said as she smiled.

"Thank you. But how was work?" She asked.

"Pretty quick, I didn't do much but a lot of busy work. It caused the day to go by much quicker." I said.

"Not bad." She said and Mon-El came upstairs.

"I am now a nightshift barista at Grant's Cafe. It's local and it's not a far drive." He said.

"So it was an over the phone interview?" I asked.

"Yeah and I work five to nine during the week and from three to seven on the weekends." He said.

"That's good." I said as we sat down to eat.

"Yeah. When do you start?" She asked.

"Thursday. But I go in for training tomorrow." He said.

"I'm really happy for you." She said.

Two days later...

"Ok Mon-El we will be right back. We are going into the city to pick up a few things. Do you want anything?" I said as Nala grabbed her coat and glasses.