Chapter 7

"Hedwig? Who's that?" Lucius asked, looking at Harry with concern and confusion.

"I think that's the name of his owl." Draco said, starting to realise that they had only taken Harry and none of his belongings from the muggles, not even his wand. "We should probably go get the rest of his stuff."

"I'll send Narcissa to go and get everything. I don't think any of us would be welcome there, but she is better at manipulating people into letting her in." Lucius said. "Although if it's the teen who opened the door last time it might be easier. We can probably buy some new things for him if we don't get everything."

"Father, do you really think that he kept his owl at that place? You saw where he was being kept, like he was cleaning supplies, if he called out for his owl he clearly cares about it." Draco pointed out, not that Narcissa shouldn't go back and pick up all Harry's things, especially his wand.

"Then where would he keep his owl?" Lucius asked, he would be the one to get the owl if it was true that Narcissa wasn't able to pick up Hedwig with Harry's things.

"I don't know. Hogwarts? Granger's? Weasleys'?" Draco suggested with a shrug, running his fingers through Harry's hair.

"We should send Narcissa to get the rest of his stuff first and see if Hedwig is there, if not then send an owl to the Weasleys about it, unless he's woken up, then ask him where Hedwig is." Lucius said with a sigh, getting up to go ask Narcissa to go back to Privet Drive.

"I'm staying with Harry, my veela can't deal with leaving him alone right now." Draco called out after Lucius, who didn't respond, already expecting as much. He had felt similar when Narcissa was pregnant, but he knew Draco probably felt worse than he had, just from looking at Harry.

"How is he?" Narcissa asked as soon as Lucius entered the room.

"Panicked, hyperventilated, and passed out. It'll probably take him a while to get used to everything, but we realised we don't have any of his things, so I was hoping you could go get his stuff, don't worry too much about clothes, focus on his school stuff and wand, we can buy the rest again." Lucius said, slumping in his chair in a way he would refuse to if there was anyone outside the family in the room.

"Is he alright? We can bring the healer back if needed." Narcissa said, worried, and moving forward in her seat, looking at the door behind Lucius , as though she could see Harry in spite of the staircase and closed doors between them.

"Judging by Draco, he seems mostly fine, his panic attack didn't last long, and Draco didn't fly into a craze so his physical and mental state should be fine. He asked for his owl before collapsing, though, and we're not sure where his owl is, but Draco doesn't think it's there. We'll check if he's right." Lucius said, tired.

"I'll go get his stuff. It's times like this where I'm jealous I'm not a veela." Narcissa said with a small laugh as she stood up, winking at her husband before disapparating.

"I'm more than willing to give it to you, there are some real weirdos." Lucius said to the empty room, remembering his first year after his inheritance, he hadn't really learnt how to control the charm part, so there were a lot of uncomfortable moments. In fact, it had been Narcissa who had saved him from a large number of them.

-----

Dudley had already packed all of Harry's things, hoping the people who had taken him away would come back for them, he didn't know if Harry's wand would work again after being snapped, but he had rescued that too, and stowed it away with the rest of Harry's things. He wished there was more he could have done to protect Harry, but he was afraid to do more, and last time he had tried, Harry had gone through worse for "bewitching" Dudley into trying to defend him.

Dudley made sure he was the one who got the door when there was a knock at the door, hoping it was another wizard, or one of the previous wizards, who came for Harry's things. Of course, if it was the red headed wizards who usually came to pick Harry up during the holidays he would give the stuff to them too.

"Hello, I came by here earlier with my son and Husband for Harry Potter, unfortunately we forgot his things, may I come in and collect them?" The woman from earlier asked, her voice was sweet, but it held an almost vicious undertone.

"Uh, yeah, just please be quiet this time, I packed everything up." Dudley said quietly, looking over his shoulder to make sure his parents weren't watching.

"Thank you." Narcissa said, a little taken aback, expecting more of a fight, not that she was complaining.

"I don't know how bad it is, but my dad broke Harry's wand the start of the holidays this year, the pieces are with everything else." Dudley said, handing Narcissa the small suitcase that Harry used for Hogwarts every year.

"Your father did what?" Narcissa asked, her face and voice too calm, sending shivers down Dudley's spine.

"He snapped Harry's wand so he couldn't use magic and so he could make him... Do more than most summers." Dudley said, dancing around the extra Harry was forced into doing. Dudley had already cut off his old friends who had gone through with it even after finding out what was happening to Harry to let them do it.

"I will be going for now, but be prepared for our next visit." Narcissa said coldly, her eyes almost looking like ice as she swept past Dudley and outside, where she apparated back to Malfoy Manor.

"You look like you're plotting to kill someone, what happened?" Lucius asked, far too calmly as Narcissa stormed in, tossing Harry's trunk onto one of the seats, not going upstairs yet, sure she would upset Draco and/or Harry.

"Those muggles snapped Harry's wand." Narcissa spat out, she knew Harry and Voldemort had twin wands with cores from the same phoenix. She hoped the core would be fine, because if the core was alright then a custom wand could be made which would be different to the original wand, but might be even stronger.

Twin wands were extremely rare, and perhaps with their twin wands and Harry's position as Draco's Mate, they may be able to save Harry from the fate that Voldemort had planned for him. It may even be possible to convince Harry to join them if they were able to prove it was Dumbledore who had blocked his inheritance and harmed him. It was Dumbledore who had told the wizarding world that Harry was overly spoilt with a perfect life living with his mother's sister and her family. There was no reason for him to have been living there, Dumbledore having to pull a lot of strings and secretly conduct many smear campaigns on the people who could be Harry's rightful guardians. Not to mention that his parents' wills were closed, with the excuse that Harry should be there when they were read and able to understand what was said, but they still haven't been opened and Harry was more than old enough for that.

"What? Why would they do that?" Lucius asked, his voice getting louder as he jumped to his feet. "Do you think there's any part salvageable? For a custom wand?"

"His cousin gave me the pieces with the rest of his things, that, so I don't know yet. Apparently they broke his wand to make him incapable of magic and so that they could make him do more this year. His cousin didn't tell me what." Narcissa seethed.

"You think we can find out somehow?" Lucius asked. "We don't want to hurt him again over it, and it definitely will after they had to break his wand to make him do it. We need to check his wand parts first, then we can book a customised wand appointment."

Lucius breathed a sigh of relief seeing the parts, Harry's wand may have been horribly broken, but the phoenix feather core was almost completely fine, with a few of the fluffy tufts from the base of the feather missing. It was barely clinging onto the wood, and Harry's magic was still easily sensed on it, meaning his magic wouldn't reject it.

"Narcissa? What is this?" Lucius asked, pulling something out of the bag Harry's wand pieces was in. It was magic, but wasn't supposed to be there.