Chapter 1

The first night Harry was at Hogwarts he couldn't sleep. He had finally eaten a decent amount, meaning his stomach was much fuller than he was ever used to. He thought that was the reason for his pain and inability to sleep, but that wasn't the only place there was pain.

Harry knew enough to not make any noise, the other boys were sleeping and if he disturbed them he would surely face punishment. He lay curled on the bed that was far softer than anything he was used to, hand over his mouth as his body cried out in pain.

It was just past midnight when the alarm Dumbledore had set up went off, warning him that the Golden boy had just started his inheritance. Annoyed at the time it had started, Dumbledore swept through the halls into the Gryffindor first year boys' dorm. He sent a silent stunner at the small boy who had blood stained sheets by his back. He sighed, knowing he wasn't going to have much rest that night, but he needed to get this done if he was going to have the Boy Who Lived doing as he wanted for the rest of his life.

-----

Down in the Slytherin dorm Draco turned over in his sleep, a part of him was pushing him to go and search for a missing part of him, but he was too deeply asleep for it to have a strong enough pull on him though.

From that day onward, every time Draco would see Harry a sense of anger, and being young, he assumed it was directed at Harry. He had rejected the chance of friendship between the two.

For the next 5 years Dumbledore watched from the side lines as the two made a rift between them that grew by the year. He pretended to disapprove, to seem to push Harry to put the past behind him, but every time the two would meet in private, he would find a way to feed Harry the necessary potions to stop any form of his inheritance getting through.

It would all ware thin over the summer, but by this point it was almost fully ingrained into Harry, so he didn't worry too much about a few hours while he had his friends who hated the Malfoy brat enough to stop the creatures from calling out to each other.