Chapter 4

"Just eat it already, brat!" Petunia yelled at Harry who was trying to choke down the stale bread that was his payment for the money the Dursleys got selling him out. After he had eaten that he would be given the drugs and put in his cupboard until the client arrived.

As he lay in the claustrophobic darkness of his cupboard, he could feel the drugs start to take effect as he stopped thinking clearly. He couldn't register what was going on anymore, and he was waiting for the client to arrive, praying for it to end soon.

-----

Draco was in the living room, waiting for his father to come back in so they could follow the pull he felt to his mate. Suddenly it got stronger, there was no way he could fight it anymore and his veela side flew into a rage. Narcissa looked horrified as Draco flew at the window, raging and trying to pull the window open to leave, but he was pulling the wrong one.

"What's going on here?" Lucius asked, walking in to see Draco flying into a rage and trying to escape the room.

"I don't know, he suddenly lost control." Narcissa said, her eyes wide with fear, not knowing what was going on.

"I see." Lucius said, sighing and looking at the crazed look in Draco's eyes.

Lucius let out the parental veela ability that would calm Draco down enough to be able to have a rational conversation. His eyes snapped back from the slit-like pupils to the human round ones. Draco blinked, shocked to find himself flying at the window.

"What happened Draco?" Lucius asked, walking over to him.

"Mate is in danger." Draco said, a desperate look still in his eyes as he stayed by the window, trying to get out.

"I guessed as much." Lucius said with a sigh, gesturing for Narcissa to get up to get ready to go. "Draco, down from the window, we're going through the door."

Draco did as he was told, although his wings were still as sharp as they were when he first realised that his mate was in danger. Lucius followed behind Draco, the calming veela charm still active in order to stop Draco from flying off on his own. Narcissa was already rushing back with the brooms, which Lucius forced Draco to take unless he wanted to look for his mate tomorrow.

Draco held the broom as he flew off. He knew where he was supposed to go because he could feel the pull within him to make him protect his mate. Lucius and Narcissa followed close behind on their brooms. Lucius had cast a quick disillusionment charm on the group of them so they would be able to fly in muggle areas too.

By the time Draco's pull was telling him to land, they were well over a muggle neighbourhood and it was starting to get dark. They landed in front of a very regular muggle looking house, if anything it looked nicer than the houses around, the plants looking like they had more than daily care, while the neighbours were maybe looked after every few days.

"Is this the place Draco?" Lucius asked, trying not to sneer at the overly muggle people who must live here.

"Yes, he's in danger." Draco said, walking to the door.

"Wait, Draco, we're still under the disillusionment charm, we don't want to scare the people who live here." Narcissa called out, stopping Draco from knocking on the door.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Draco asked, having left his wand at home, too focused on trying to save his mate. Lucius rolled his eyes, walking over to Draco and making him visible again before doing the same to himself, Narcissa having cast the spell on herself.

Draco immediately turned back to the door, knocking on it hard until the door opened to reveal an overweight blond boy who looked almost scared as he opened the door, only for the concern to be replaced with shock.

"Well Dudders, who is it?" A high pitched voice called from inside, almost sounding like Umbridge, giving Draco chills.

The boy, Dudders, gave a grimace, rolling his eyes before turning back to answer. "I don't know, I'll handle it." He then turned to the Malfoys, a face that almost looked hopeful as he looked at their clothes. "Are you wizards?"

"Yes, is there a wizard living here too?" Lucius asked, trying not to look down his nose at the house.

"Yes, are you here for him?" He asked, his eyes looked hopeful. Draco was almost to the point of pushing past the boy to get his mate that he could feel was inside.

"We are, could you let us in? Or tell them we're here?" Narcissa asked, trying to look past him.

"I'll have him-" The boy started before Draco pushed him aside, no longer being able to stop himself from searching for his mate. The muggle boy didn't look too offended, only shocked.

"My apologies." Narcissa said, looking embarrassed. "It's a long story and hard to explain to muggles."

"It's fine as long as Harry gets treated better." The muggle boy said, looking after Draco who was running about the ground floor, unwilling to admit that his mate's pull was from the cupboard under the stairs.

"Harry?" Lucius choked out. "As in Harry Potter?"

"Yeah, is he a big deal with wizards in something?" The muggle boy asked, looking confused as he looked at the adult Malfoys.

"You could say that." Narcissa said, her voice high pitched as she tried to wrap her head around the idea that not only did Harry Potter live in a place that looked so muggle, but the muggles didn't even know how important he was.

Finally Draco checked the cupboard under the stairs. The locks were stiff, and it took a long time for him to be able to unlock the door, but when he did he saw Harry curled up in a ball. He was far too skinny and small, especially then after weeks of almost starvation. Harry turned to look up at him, his green eyes dilated and reddened.

That was when the adult muggles came out of the living room, they paled when they realised it was a bunch of wizards who had just found Harry. Draco looked like he was ready to kill, although he visibly forced himself to soften as he reached down to pick up Harry, who flopped against Draco's chest.

"Dudders! How could you let these freaks in the house!?" The horse faced woman demanded, her voice shrill, but Draco was so full of rage that not even the strongest charm from Lucius would calm him down.

"How could you do that to a child!?" Narcissa demanded, breathing hard to try to stop herself from cursing them.

"That boy is no child, it's a freak!" The wale of a man yelled at the wizards, his face going red.

"Come, Draco, we're leaving." Lucius demanded, waving Draco over to him, although Draco didn't budge, Harry's eyes just about focusing on Draco.

"You can't take him away, if he's not here then he won't have the protection the old coot said living with me gave him." The horse faced woman said with a sneer.

"Whatever protection you give him, we can give him 10 fold without the abuse you have given him." Narcissa said, glaring at the muggles. Was it legal to treat children like this for muggles?

"Fine, take the brat, we never want to see it again." The man yelled, trying to take a swing at Draco, who blocked him, sending a glare at him that was so cold it was a surprise he didn't freeze in place.

"Come Draco, we need to get him treated." Lucius called again, Draco following behind him as they walked to a clear spot in order to apparate back to the manor.

"Mate needs help." Draco said, Harry sagging in Draco's arm as he didn't look like he understood what was going on at all, in fact, he hardly looked conscious.

"I'll go get a healer." Narcissa said, apparating away again to St. Mungo's to fetch a healer.

"Draco, you need to put your mate in his room, it'll be more comfortable for him." Lucius said gently, trying to get Draco to be away from Harry so that the healer would be able to treat him

"Drayo?" Harry slurred, his eyes half closed. It didn't sound like he really knew what he was saying, just making noise.

Draco turned around and ignored Lucius as he headed up the stairs. He wasn't going to put Harry in the new room, but his own. Not only was it more comfortable, but being able to smell his mate would be helpful for Harry's creature to heal.