Chapter 9

Harry was hardly the fondest person of showers, Myrtle being more than enough to spook him off baths, although he guessed that if things hadn't gone so wrong in fourth year he might still have considered having one, but he found himself enjoying the hot water washing over him.

Harry didn't really know how Draco's shower worked, unlike the Dursleys' there was only one knob, and it seemed to only control the water pressure, the temperature immediately being perfect for Harry. He had never been allowed to have a warm shower before, or anything vaguely lengthy, just a quick in and out shower that was ice cold, just enough to not get the house dirty.

Draco had a lot of products for hair, and Harry had no idea what most of them were for, so he just looked for one that was at least close to a typical shampoo, it had a peach scent. Harry's choice for body wash was less confusing, it was the same brand, but about 4 different scents. Harry went for the lavender one.

Harry felt more relaxed and was definitely cleaner when he entered Draco's room again where Draco was, his back to the en suite Harry had just occupied, wrapped in the fluffiest towel he had ever felt, even at Hogwarts, that was a Slytherin green. His clothes had disappeared after he got in the shower.

"Hey, um, I don't have anything to wear." Harry said a little awkwardly as he stood, he wasn't quite used to the wings on his back yet, but at the same time it almost felt instinctual.

"Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. It might be big on you, but some of my old things will be fine 'till we can get you some new stuff." Draco said, still rootling through a pile of clothes much larger than you would get if you put all the clothes Harry had ever owned into a pile.

"I'm really not too picky, just give me anything." Harry said, still standing awkwardly by the en suite.

"I am aware of that, that's why I'm trying to give you something decent, for me and my family if nothing else." Draco said with a scoff, of course knowing what he did now it made him slightly less scornful, he had always been less than impressed by what Harry wore if he wasn't in dress robes or Hogwarts uniform. Nobody picky about their clothes would wear something like that.

"Sorry for any trouble." Harry said, pretty sure that Draco didn't need or want his help, Harry would probably just make himself more of an eyesore. That thought made his heart hurt.

"It's no trouble, your face is nice, Pansy and I have always kinda wanted to dress you up." Draco said with a shrug, looking over 4 different outfits he seemed happy with.

"You did?" Harry squeaked, immediately blushing brightly, he could feel the heat coming off his face.

"Yeah, you have to be nice to her, but I'm fine if you don't become her dress-up dolly. She might try to force you, but it's not rude to say no. Of course, if you like it then I'll try not to get in the way, but at least until we get properly set up our creatures might find spending lots of time apart difficult, especially if one or both of us are being close to someone else." Draco explained, moving two of them further onto his bed.

"Why would you two want to do anything like that, I mean, pretty much every Slytherin hates me." Harry asked, his face still radiating heat.

"Maybe in first year, most of us are more focused on not getting dragged into our parents' war, focusing on our inheritances, or simply jealous someone from a different house, especially Gryffindor, got the gift connected to our house." Draco explained, taking a step back and looking at the 4 outfits again, before he gave another nod. "You can choose one of the outfits from the middle of the bed."

"If it makes you feel better, I was almost in Slytherin." Harry said, waling over and looking at the two.

They were Draco's old clothes, so it was robes, and they were both green. Harry really didn't have any strong opinions between the two, they were both green, and both looked nice, but much closer to the dress robed Molly got for him than the Hogwarts robes.

"Wait, you were? Why? How did you end up in Gryffindor?" Draco asked, looking completely shocked.

"Yeah, the hat really wanted to put me there, which made me more insecure second year. I don't know why though, probably something to do with my connection with Voldemort, but I'm not sure. I kept getting told that Voldemort was a Slytherin, and you were rude to my first friend, so that didn't help." Harry said with a shrug, leaning over and feeling what both of the outfits felt like, being one of the only things he actually did care about in clothes, not that he could afford to be picky most of the time.

"Yeah, the Malfoys and Weasleys have had a bad relationship for a very long time, sorry about that. Lots of the people who fought the Dark Lord were Slytherin too, so was Merlin." Draco said.

"I mean, I know that now, but it's much too late now. I don't hate Gryffindor either, but it is rather loud." Harry said with a shrug, choosing the softer of the two outfits, it was about half a shade darker, and had a slight silver sheen that would sometimes be visible in a snake pattern when in the light.

"If you didn't like Gryffindor then it wouldn't be too late, but if you do then it's whatever. I'll tell you the passwords to the Slytherin common room so you can come in, it's up to you if you want to give me the Gryffindor passwords." Draco said, leaning down and picking up some of his potions ingredients on the floor. "Do you want me to leave or do you not mind?"

"Um, I'd rather I was alone to change, thanks." Harry said, holding the outfit to his chest, feeling awkward as he looked at Draco with a white person smile.

"Okay, I'll be out the door, come out when you're done, then we'll go eat." Draco said with a smile, doing as he said.

Harry sighed once the door had closed. He didn't know what they had found out while he wasn't fully conscious, though he was sure that they found out more than he really wanted them to. They didn't need to know any more than they already did though.

Harry was sure that he didn't deserve what he got from the Dursleys, or at least most of him did, but at the end of the day he couldn't see himself as more than either the tool that will take down Voldemort, or a broken good. It didn't matter to him who got the glory, though if he had a choice it would be Ron and Hermione, especially Ron, he deserved to be the centre of attention in a good way for once.

But he couldn't help but pray to a god he stopped believing in years ago that Draco and his parents would never find out.

((A/N: Hello! Sorry it takes so long for updates of this story, feel free to hound me for them, lol, it makes sure that I know that you are all reading this and still want more. Thank you!!))