Chapter 8

The magical object was some kind of crystal, and it had some wood stuck to it, making it seem like it had, indeed, been a part of Harry's wand. It was odd for a wand to contain anything other than its core and the wood used to make it, there were occasional dual cores or woods, but those were rather far from common. There were also those like Lucius and Umbridge would decorate their wands, but those were always on the outside and visible, not to mention that they only held magic while spells were currently being cast, and they had to be crafted and added by the owner of the wand if they didn't want the potency of their spells to decrease.

This, on the other hand, was slightly warm with magic still, meaning it definitely wasn't anything like that, not to mention they had seen Harry's wand, fairly well in his fourth year, and there was no kind of decoration there at the time, and given how obsessed Draco was with Harry even before their inheritances came through, well in Harry's case became unblocked, he was sure Draco would have mentioned it if he had suddenly decided to decorate it. Besides, the obviously terrible situation with the muggles made it unlikely that Harry would decorate it either, making something look more appealing seemed to be a bad idea.

"Maybe we should ask the person it actually belongs to." Narcissa said, in a tone that was reminiscent of a teacher chastising a student not doing their work as Lucius held the crystal in his hand, as though weighing it, or trying to tell what it was by touch.

"Just trying to figure out if it's a wizard or muggle crystal." Lucius said, putting the bag down on the table beside him, although he left the crystal slightly to the side. "We should go check on the boys, Draco hasn't eaten in a while, and who knows when Harry last had actual food."

"Don't you think we should contact the Weasleys? For him if nothing else." Narcissa said, following her husband. It was obvious why the boy wouldn't like them, in fact it would be more odd if he had immediately accepted them, even if it would have made everything easier.

"They still owe us though, I don't want any of them in the house until they've paid us back every penny." Lucius all but spat. He knew he would have to write to invite them eventually, but he wanted them away from the house as much as possible, there was also the possibility that they would refuse anyway, and then they would obviously be the bad guys.

"Lucius, we make more money in a day than they likely will for most of their lifetimes, and it has been several lifetimes since they broke that contract. For Harry, for our son, can't you let it go?" Narcissa asked, pecking Lucius on the cheek as she asked.

"Don't bank on anything." Lucius sighed, he could never win against Narcissa, at least not on most things. If it was a matter of safety then he was more likely to be able to win.

They were fortunate Lucius wasn't forced to go to the Ministry that night, Draco being close to his inheritance being the reason, but that meant that he wasn't caught and wasn't in Azkaban right now. Narcissa wouldn't have been able to handle a new inheritance veela on her own. Narcissa wanted Draco to never get the Dark Mark, and Lucius couldn't find himself disagreeing to begin with, seeing what happened to some other families it looked like if Lucius had been caught then Draco would be forced into getting the Dark Mark, and now that would have been even worse.

"Of course, I can only be sure that you will ask, and let them off." Narcissa said, knocking on the door gently to at least alert the two boys of Lucius and Narcissa being outside.

They didn't get any response, but there was also no noise from inside, and after a few moments they walked in. The two boys were both sleeping on Draco's overly large bed. Harry seemed to have recovered from the panic attack already, but went back to sleep, which he could hardly be blamed for. Harry and Draco were holding onto each other, and Harry seemed buried in Draco's arms and the blankets. Draco was also sleeping, and seemed more than comfortable with the predicament, and happy that he had his mate there and with him. It wasn't entirely clear how aware of what was going on Harry was, but either way it was going to be good for him and he didn't seem to be unhappy.

Draco slowly woke up after the door had opened, seeing his parents in the doorway, looking at them.

"Sleep well?" Lucius whispered, Harry would need to be woken up soon to eat, but he needed more sleep than he had gotten, so every little helped.

"Mmm? Oh.." Draco whispered sleepily, looking down at Harry who was still cuddled up into him, but his eyelids were fluttering, and he seemed to be waking up. "Yeah, I think so."

"Okay, so you did sleep well." Lucius said with a small chuckle, approaching the bed.

"Why're you here?" Draco whispered, starting to readjust himself, but Harry grabbed him tightly, making a small noise in complaint of Draco's movement.

"Neither of you have eaten yet today, and you both need to eat something. I'm thinking a light brunch and the potions Harry needs, and then we'll have a regular lunch and dinner." Lucius said, with a small smile.

"But he's tired..." Draco complained at the idea of having to wake up Harry.

But it was too late, Harry was already waking up.

Harry had always been a light sleeper, needing to be able to wake up quickly if the Dursleys called for him for something they didn't really need him for. It was more of a wonder that he hadn't already woken up, it was probably a sign that he was feeling safe, comfortable, and exhausted. He hadn't even been able to sleep that well at the Burrow. He loved it there, it was so full of magic that made him feel oddly comfortable, but it was full of noises that Harry would hardly sleep a wink, falling asleep to only be awoken by a noise.

It took Harry a little too long to remember what was going on, he hadn't really remembered falling asleep. He knew he had come to after asking for Hedwig, but he had felt tired and he loved the smell of the bed and without fully coming to, he grabbed the nice smelling, soft, comfortable thing near to him, buried his face into it and drifted off to sleep. It took him even longer to remember he was with the Malfoys, but he no longer felt scared by that fact.

"Did you sleep well Harry?" Narcissa asked as Harry sat up, his hair even more of a mess than normal, his eyes a little out of focus.

"Yes, thank you." Harry said. Harry would always say that, but he was actually being honest this time, it was probably his best night's sleep.

"That's good, but you two need to eat something." Narcissa said, trying not to laugh at Harry's hair.

"You also need a change of clothes, those rags aren't staying in this house any longer than they have to." Lucius said, looking at the ill fitting, ripped, stained clothes Harry was wearing. Honestly, calling them clothes was an exaggeration, they were barely enough to keep Harry covered, and even where there was fabric, they were very thin.

"I don't have any other clothes except my Hogwarts robes." Harry said awkwardly, fiddling with his fingers.

"Go have a shower, we'll get some clothes ready for you. Then you'll eat brunch, then you can go through your things, than it's time for lunch, and then you can do what you want until dinner." Lucius said, pointing to Draco's en suite.

"Um, okay, thank you." Harry said a little awkwardly, going to the bathroom as he was pointed to.