Chapter 6

Harry could feel his body start to melt away, it was so painful he thought it would be better to be face to face with Voldemort. Draco was looking on as his mate was distraught in pain. If only he knew what he could do to help then he would, but he didn't know what creature Harry was.

Even if he did, he realised, Harry wasn't 16 yet, he shouldn't be going through his inheritance early, it was months too early.

"What's happening to me?" Harry asked, looking up at Draco with tears in his eyes. He was scared, he didn't know what was happening to him and it hurt more than he was used to.

"I.. Don't know." Draco said, reaching out to try to hug Harry who didn't pull away, instead leaning on him, breathing heavily. "It doesn't look like an inheritance."

"Stupify." Lucius said quietly from the door. The blast of red light hitting Harry in his back, making him sag against Draco.

"Father!" Draco yelled, looking angrily at the man at the door, holding Harry close. "What was that for!?"

"It looks like he got his inheritance blocked. Being around you must have broken through it." Lucius said, walking over to them. Harry was still twitching slightly as he changed. "This will mean that he doesn't feel the pain."

"If that's the case why didn't you do that for me?" Draco asked, gently laying Harry in bed again.

"Because you were going through your inheritance, while it seems Potter already went through his, this is just breaking through a block." Lucius sighed, sitting next to Draco, watching as Harry's appearance changed.

"Who would have done that?" Draco asked, his creature happy to see Harry in his true form, but he was horrified.

Harry was significantly smaller than he was before, but that wasn't his creature. He wasn't just shorter, but unhealthily thin, his bones almost all visible, and he looked like a child, not the teen he was. His skin was an odd mix of tanned, and the pale colour of not having eaten for a while. Every visible part of him had a slight greenish tint to it. His ears were pointed, and his back had small, dark wings from his back.

"Who do you think?" Lucius asked with a sigh, turning around to leave again.

"Wait! Harry's in his creature form, why don't you wake him up?" Draco asked, looking up at his father.

"That's true, but he will probably still be in pain." Lucius said, opening the door. "Besides, the first thing he should do when he wakes up is have another nutrition potion, which is where I'm going."

Draco looked over at Harry, seeing how he was abnormally pale. There were nasty bruises just visible from by his hair, the muggles had clearly been trying to hide the injuries, there was some blood matted into his hair, so he was very worried about how bad his home life was. There were angry red marks around his neck, wrists and ankles, looking like they were made by rope, metal, or hands.

-----

Harry was shocked, one moment he had been writhing in pain from whatever was happening to him, the next he was being held upright by Draco, but in a completely different place on the bed.

"Wha..?" Harry asked, realising there was a steaming potion being held near his mouth.

"Drink this Harry." Draco said quietly, pushing the potion closer to him.

"What is it?" Harry asked, completely disoriented.

"A nutrition potion you need. Drink it before it cools down." Lucius answered, sitting by the messy desk.

Harry hesitated for a moment, but the part of him that had been so quiet earlier, trying to convince him to trust the Malfoys, was now loud. Harry hadn't even realised that he was reaching to grab the potion, until he was already holding it to his lips. The potion tasted horrible, but he felt better after drinking it.

"What happened?" Harry asked, his face not showing the discomfort he felt from the temperature or taste of the potion.

"It seems someone blocked your inheritance after you went through it. Do you remember a time when you were in a lot of pain? You probably passed out soon into it. Or was there a time you woke up with blood on your sheets?" Lucius asked, walking over to the two on the bed.

Harry had to suppress a bitter chuckle. When hadn't he woken up with blood on the make shift sheets?

The only place that didn't happen was Hogwarts.

Except...

"There was the first night I stayed at Hogwarts." Harry said, although his tone made it clear he wasn't sure about what he was saying. "But I don't know if there was anything special about that."

"Of course." Lucius muttered under his breath. "That was probably the first time you ate enough for your body to have the energy to change."

"To change? What do you mean change?" Harry asked, his eyes wide as he pulled out of Draco's caring grip to sit further back.

"You're a dark elf, Harry." Draco said, his tone caring towards his mate, knowing that Harry's creature would appreciate it. Harry's creature indeed calmed down at Draco's tone.

"I don't understand what's happening." Harry whispered, looking down at his hands. It was hard enough to be thrust into a world of magic, hard enough to find out he was supposed to save everyone. But now the only thing he thought he knew for certain, might not be the case, he hadn't been human since he was 11, and he had a soulmate? Not only that, but the Malfoys were being nice to him.

Harry's heart rate was increasing, as was his breathing. He was starting to panic, and not even Draco was managing to calm him down. It had been easier to accept magic as real because it meant that he had an explanation for all the strange things that happened around him, not to mention that he got to escape from the previous, lie filled life. This time however, he was still living in the world of magic he only realised now he barely knew anything about. Everything was different, but everyone around him would be the same, and as far as he was concerned, this came out of nowhere.

As Harry's vision started to blur, from either lack of oxygen or tears, Harry wasn't sure, he gasped out one word that the two Malfoys could understand.

"Hedwig."

And Harry was, once again, limp on Draco's bed, only this time he had tears in his eyes. His breathing was slowly returning to normal, his heart rate following suit. Two shocked, pale men looked down at the unconscious figure in heavy silence.