01

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter 1: ( high school sweethearts )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━chapter 1: ( high school sweethearts )

❝ life's alright in devil town ❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❝ life's alright in devil town ❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Shadyside, Ohio. Aka, the "Killer Capital" of the United States. Impressive, right? The town was beset with one of the worst murder rates in America, so you could only imagine how the residents of Shadyside felt with that reputation on their backs. Especially when it came to their neighboring friendly town, Sunnyvale. More like Sunnyshits. Nothing but prissy, stuck up bitches that think they're better than everyone with daddy or mommy's money. None of that mattered to Beckham though, because the heart of her happiness belonged in Shadyside.

Beckham sat at the wooden round table with her father beside her, the usual morning paper in hand and a cup of bitter black coffee. The teenage girl had, what people said, the perfect life. She had loving parents, two lifelong best friends, and a boyfriend she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Of course, she goes through the typical teenage angst shit, but right now, she was happy where she was at. Everything was normal.

"There's a football game tonight at Sunnyvale, so I'll be home late," Beckham informed.

There came a faint scoff from Jane-Anne as she managed the stove with two over-easy eggs. "Nothing good ever comes from over there. They say we're the problem when they have to be the first to open their big mouths." The woman let it be well known how much she despised Sunnyvalers. From what little Beckham was told, her mother had a history with one of the residents.

"Oh, trust me, we'll be ready to come pick you and your friends up if anything happens." Joseph sighed loudly while setting his paper beside his plate and sitting up straight. "Just be careful."

"I always am," retorted Beckham. She set her dishes in the sink as her mother claimed the unoccupied chair. Swiftly picking up her bag, she kissed both of her parents' cheeks. "Bye, love you."