06

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter 6: ( in loving memory )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━chapter 6: ( in loving memory )

❝ we'll be alright ❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

               It was peculiar reading from an outsider's perspective

It was peculiar reading from an outsider's perspective. Deena had already stepped into Sarah's shoes, but reading Rosalind's words reminded her of Beckham even more. The two seemed fairly alike, especially their relationships. At least they got to have their happy ending.

"They got married," Sam said, pulling out a small sketch. "They had two kids, a boy and a girl. There names were Hugh and Sarah."

"Woah, check this out," Josh started with the book in hand. "She grew up to become a nurse for the Union when one day, a flu went around. That douche, Kaleb, got infected and..."

"What," Deena questioned impatiently.

"She let him die. She wrote down the last thing she said to him. 'The devil is not so black as he is painted'. Actually, it happened to most of the town. There was a cure, but she only helped those who didn't believe Sarah was the witch."

"Kind of badass," Deena chuckled. She flipped through a few pages before one caught her eye. "Here. February 17, 1667. She thinks it was a spell. 'I've returned to the abandoned home of the widow. They've left all her books and belongings, only disposing her body. She had many shelves filled with books, I didn't know where to start. All I wanted to know was how to make it stop. How do I stop waking up in the middle of the night from the horrible nightmares? I wonder how she died. Maybe she could've helped me.'

"'I haven't told anyone what has been happening. Not even father. I wish not to overwhelm him now that the fate of the Union lie in his hands. But I need answers now. This was something I had to do alone.'" Deena skipped a few pages, skimming over the words with her index finger before stopping. "This was a few days later. 'How could he do such a thing to me? How dare he lay his hands on me to bestow this malediction upon my family. Instead of killing me, he placed a curse upon my future kin. There was no reversal spell, no way to end it. I, my children, and my grand children would have to live so with this. I suppose it would be a good idea to tell Isaac and my father. I only hope the town doesn't find out, or else they might wrongly accuse me too.'"