02

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter 2: ( lovers rock )

❝ you are the only exception ❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

               Golden rays of the morntide come as invitations to the day

              Golden rays of the morntide come as invitations to the day. A new day has begun. Rosalind reached out to the fabric of the curtain, noticing how up close the light poured through every open space between fibres, illuminating like brilliant fireflies each dawn. The material was warm beneath her fingers, and when the sun fled the room, painting the colors anew, she felt a little of those golden rays soak into her skin.

"Rosalind, come join us at the dining table," Caroline's voice echoed through the rooms of their compact abode.

The young girl quickly made her way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen, being greeted with the smell of tea with a loaf of bread and butter in the middle of the table. There, her father, Edmund, sat by himself, a book in hand.

"Have you finished your morning chores," Caroline asked, setting the tea on the table.

"Yes. I'm supposed to check on the children today with Constance," Rosalind smiled. She loved being around the younger ones and helping their intelligence grow with every passing day. For, she believed they were the future of their settlement, and they were to do great things.

"Alright. Best be going now, then." Caroline patted her hands on the apron around her waist before kissing her daughter's cheek.

"And don't forget to pick the fruit for tomorrow morning," Edmund reminded, glancing up.

"I never do, father." He flashed a smile her way before she was out the doors.

Rosalind was greeted with the prattle of the settlement with many families already outside and commencing their errands. She kept to herself while passing by, the neighboring houses not the friendliest people of the bunch. At the end of the trail was the schoolhouse where the children played with Constance watching over them. She, too, was part of the entertainment.