04

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter 4: ( sarah fier's failed lullaby )

❝ insane in the membrane, insane in the brain ❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

               They retreated back to Deena and Josh's house, making sure everything was locked and the curtains were closed

              They retreated back to Deena and Josh's house, making sure everything was locked and the curtains were closed. Beckham was pacing back and forth, not wanting to accept what she saw. This was the one time she wanted to be wrong about something.

"It was her. It was fucking her," she stated.

"Who," Sam questioned.

"That bitch that attacked us! That was Ruby Lane."

"What? That's impossible," Josh interjected. "She died like 30 years ago."

"Then, she's a fucking zombie, I don't know! But that was definitely her." Beckham plopped down on the couch, Simon following. While continuing their discussion, she used the appliances on the table to tend Simon's cut on his ankle.

"It doesn't make sense. It's not possible. Bullets didn't stop her," Sam chimed.

"Amazing observation," Kate replied hastily. "Why the fuck would you two go up to her?"

"I don't know," Simon exclaimed. "The bitch seemed normal! She was kind of hot too!" They looked at Beckham for her reaction, who simply shrugged.

"She was pretty hot."

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but normal bitches don't bleed black fucking blood," Deena shouted back.

Beckham stood up after wrapping the gauze around his ankle. "And normal bitches don't just come back to life! That was Ruby fucking Lane and you guys said the killer at the hospital was Ryan Torres, who is also supposed to be dead. Coincidence? I think not!"

"Okay, okay, what did the girl look like," Kate cut in.

"Well, I already said hot. She had this scar over her eye and— I don't know, man! It was hard to tell while she was waving her fucking razor blade in my face," exasperated Simon.