02

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter 2: ( friday night brawl )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━chapter 2: ( friday night brawl )

❝ she's a killer queen ❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

               Much to Deena's disliking, she found herself back in her band uniform and boarding the yellow school bus filled with a mix of football players and cheerleaders

              Much to Deena's disliking, she found herself back in her band uniform and boarding the yellow school bus filled with a mix of football players and cheerleaders. There was a irked expression on her face as she walked down the aisle, seeing a few heads turn towards her. Her eyes grazed over Beckham and Simon, the boy pulling her onto his lap as she attempted to avoid getting green paint on her face. God, how much she envied their relationship. They were perfect for each other, practically soulmates if those even exist. But here they were, living proof.

As the bus crossed through towns, the small, ran down buildings slowly turned into a neighborhood of mansions, meaning they had entered Sunnyvale. It looked perfect on the outside, but who knew what secrets were kept inside. They later arrived at Sunnyvale High, home of the Devils. Seemed fitting. Everyone was brought out to the field, the students separated based on town residency.

"This isn't how I wanted to be here tonight. I wanted to be here as a fan. Our Sunnyvale Devils and your Shadyside Witches throwing down some good old American football. Instead I find myself here as a husband, a father, as a neighbor. And, yes, mayor of Sunnyvale."

"Meaning he doesn't give two shits about us," Beckham muttered for only Kate to hear. She let out a hum of agreement before they turned their attention back to the man.

"And on behalf of all of the people in my town, I say all of Sunnyvale mourns with you. Our hearts are broken with grief." After the mayor's very "moving" speech, Nick Goode took his spot on the podium to say a few words. Candles were handed out as the lights were cut, making the atmosphere darker than it needed to be.

"My family's been in Sunnyvale for generations, and now my brother is mayor and I your sheriff. We've prospered here. And yet, I've seen you, our neighbors in Shadyside, suffer tragedy after tragedy. It's easy in times like this to drown in questions of why...Why this happened. But I know too well there are no answers that will provide relief. There's no peace found in the past. We must not fall into darkness. We must look to the light."