Liplock Curse (Benlos)

(A/N: Long time no fanfic! I'm still writing, I'm still here. I have a bunch of stories I'm working on. I have two Benlos stories in the works aka Good For The Heart and Charmed. I also have some original stories going, My Basil stories and a new Magical Boys Sailor Moon inspired story called Knight Lights. I'll keep writing and I hope you keep reading. <3 )

"But Mal... You don't understand... He just looked so cute today!" Ben gushed sitting in his office with Mal, who was trying to get past this subject. "He looked so adorable in his fake fur winter coat. His nose was all red like his cheeks. I can't handle it." He continued to obsess. Ever since Mal and Ben decided to call off their wedding and break up, she has been the only one he has been able to confide his crush with. Ben wasn't out of the closet yet as a bisexual and he wasn't sure people would approve, especially his parents. Mal reluctantly sat on the edge of his desk and sighed.

"Have you tried telling Carlos you like him yet? Almost every day you either gush to me in person or spam me with texts about him. I get it Ben, you like him. Do something about it. Tell him these things, not me!" Mal complained, sick of hearing him pine.

"I can't! You know he dated Jane. He probably is straight. it's not like I can just run up to him and kiss him or something. I'd get punched and charged with assault, and I'm the king!" Ben complains back, almost whining. Mal seems to catch on what he said. Can't just run up and kiss him huh... She could already feel her mischievous mind turning, formulating a plan.

"You know what. I'll help you." Mal concedes with a smirk. Ben is surprised, eyes wide and mouth agape.

"You will?" Ben stumbles for words and Mal nods and stands up facing him. She weaves her finger in the air as she mutters a spell. Her eyes glow green and green bolt of smoke shoots out at Ben, absorbing into him. Ben panics and opens his mouth to speak, to ask "What did you do!" but nothing came out. Ben looked alarmed and tried to talk again but nothing came out. He tried screaming but still, nothing really came out. Ben glared at Mal with anger and frustration. She made him mute!

"Oh don't look at me like this, I'm just helping. The spell is simple to reverse. All you have to do is kiss the person your heart desires most. Once you do, you will be able to talk again." Mal grins evilly and Ben pales at this. He grabs a pad of paper and scribbles down, "He doesn't like me Mal. I can't just kiss him! I just told you that. He'll punch me or worse!" Ben shows her the pad of paper and she sighs. "Look Ben, I know you think that but how do you actually know? Besides, if it doesn't work out, I can always remove the spell myself, there is a way to undo it but only I can undo it, so don't bother asking fairy godmother, Uma, or Jane. Now, I will look after everything here. I'll tell your parents you lost your voice and can't talk so they can help sit in for council meetings. You need to go and talk to Carlos." Mal gives him a supportive smile and Ben groans starting to write again.

"How am I supposed to talk to him IF I CAN'T TALK MAL!?!" Ben shows her the pad of paper again and she chuckles.

"You can take your little pad of paper with you, or you could text him instead. Either way you have options. Now go. I don't want to hear you gush anymore about how amazing he is. Tell him Ben. I can't stand listening to it anymore." Mal dismisses him and starts looking through his paperwork on his desk to see what he was working on. Reluctantly, with little other options Ben gets up and heads out of the office, bundling up in his coat and scarf, heading to Carlos's place. He knocks on the door waiting patiently.

"Who is it?!" Carlos calls from inside but Ben frowns, not sure what to do beyond knocking more. "Alright, Alright, I'm coming, don't bust down the door." He sighs and comes to the door, surprised to see Ben. "Oh, hey Ben. What's up." Ben goes to reply but realizes he can't talk. He pulls out his phone and texts Carlos instead.