Sinners (Benlos)

(A/N: Happy Pride. There's a lot going on in the world right now but I think the world needs to remember love right now. Love is love and we need more love in the world.)

Our lives are stories, waiting to be told. Benjamin Beast was the prince who had it all, or so he thought. He had money, status, power, and so much more. He could have nearly anything he wanted at his fingertips. He even had the kingdom's most desired princess as his girlfriend. Life was set for Ben, he would be king and his life was already planned, he never questioned it. Until his first proclamation leading up to him becoming King. He wanted to help the youth from the Isle of the Lost have a chance in Auradon, his kingdom. They agreed to try it on a trial basis, the first four were chosen to test the limits and prove that there was goodness inside even the children of villains. Still, with this decision he had no reason to question the life he was set to live. Why would he?

In search of silver linings, we discover gold. Carlos De Vil had anything but a sure or set life. He was the son of Cruella De Vil, one of the scariest villains on the Isle of the Lost. He had no one to love because love was seen as a weakness on the isle. It was against the rules set by the villain's parents as well. So the most he enjoyed was gang activity with his three best friends, Mal, Jay, and Evie. They were a tight-knit group all wanting things they weren't allowed to have. For Carlos, he wanted nothing but to find love, be loved, and find happily ever after with someone. As foolish as his dreams were, hope came when news of his gang, the VK's, going to Auradon surfaced. The day came and they packed their bags, hoping against hope that this might be the beginning of their story for once.

Judgment taught us that our hearts were wrong. Stepping out of the limo for the first time magic hummed in the air. Ben and Carlos locked eyes and for the first time, it felt like the world had color. As if this was the first time they tasted air in their lungs. It hurt and confused them so they looked away from one another playing off their hearts as confused and wrong. They shook hands in greeting as custom but Carlos's hands were messy with chocolate. Ben licked it off his finger smiling handsomely. Feelings like never before, so strong and powerful, burned like fires in their chests but they pushed it aside. It had to be a mistake, a simple easy hiccup of the heart. There was no reason to believe anything other than what Ben's planned out life determined or wish up hope that Carlos had just met someone who could love him. Both turned away and buried those flames deeper in their chests because it simply wasn't right, so it had to be wrong.

The rules say our emotions don't comply. Carlos and Ben tried their hardest to snuff out these feelings, tell themselves they were mistakes, wrong, and anything else in hopes of chastising the burning flame from their chests. The VK's were supposed to be bad but their hearts demanded more. Mal was supposed to plot a way to take over Auradon but all she wanted was to make art. Jay was supposed to steal whatever they needed but instead, he wanted to contribute to a team in good ways. Evie was supposed to find love for the sake of security but her brain craved knowledge like a sponge soaking up water. Then there was Carlos, who was supposed to be a lackey, a henchman for the other three, but he wanted love, strong and pure. He wanted something no one could take from him that would bring starlight to his days and sunshine to his nights. Carlos wanted true love but was afraid of his own feelings.

We'll defy the rules until we die. So Mal invested in her art, Jay joined the tourney team, and Evie got an A+ in chemistry without help. Carlos however, was sick of being scared of these feelings burning in his chest. Why should he be afraid of something at feels so good? The flames lapped at his heart as he saw Ben working with Jay on the tourney team. Fear, however, is what brought them together. A bark. A single bark of the school mutt was enough to set Carlos sprinting into the forest, Jay, and Ben calling after him. He climbed a tree as the dog barked, pawing at the roots and trunk, only wanting to be played with. Ben found him cowering in the tree and convinced him that dude, the dog, was harmless. Ben hated seeing Carlos so afraid, it made the burning in his chest flare with a desire to protect. He didn't mean to indulge his feelings until he accidentally called Carlos a 'good boy'. He covered it up, just as he covered up his feelings but Carlos just smiled putting dude down and hugged Ben in thanks. Ben was surprised at first but melted into the hug, their chests burning together telling them that something so right could not be wrong. Ben buried his face in Carlos's black and white locks for a moment as Carlos buried his in Ben's chest. Then Jay found them and they separated. They went their own ways, chests now burning brighter unable to be covered anymore.

You showed me feelings I never felt before. Carlos rolled around on his bed just caught up in the feeling burning in his chest. Ben for the first time doubted the plans set out for his life. They both became consumed by the flames of their hearts and Ben couldn't do it anymore. Shocking everyone he broke up with his princess girlfriend before running to Carlos's dorm. He knocked on the door nervously. Carlos answered getting a big smile on his face in greeting. Neither could resist the pull any longer. Ben surged forward capturing his lips in a kiss that Carlos happily returned. All the sweets in the world couldn't compare to how rich and delicious their lips tasted to one another. Chocolate was but ash, strawberries were bland, and vanilla had no taste by comparison. Even the most decadent caramel didn't compare to the flavor shared between their mouths as the kiss deepened. How can you expect me not to eat, when the forbidden fruit tastes so sweet? In one moment, both now knew what heaven felt like.

Our hearts are too ruthless to break, let's start fires for heavens sake. Ben's parents were in shock and outrage that Ben would uproot all the plans they laid out for him. They forbid him from seeing Carlos at first, but they snuck around the rules not caring. Carlos would climb ivy walls and slip past guards. Ben would sneak into dorms and lie about where he had been. They didn't care if they were called sinners or anything else. They loved one another and nothing would stop them. When they were finally caught, they professed their love for one another, undying and loyal. Despite objections from his parents Ben refused to be swayed. With no other option, the two were allowed to be together despite the hate they received. They were sinners to some, but they didn't care one bit. Ben turned to Carlos despite the whispers and calls of objection. "The world may disapprove, but my world is only you." Carlos smiled and kissed him with no reservations. "Well if we're sinners then it feels like heaven to me," Carlos replied.

The two ended up changing the kingdom together. Love was love. True love to be exact and they lived happily ever after.